Poll: Will you be buying Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes, on the PS3
0%
0 0%
Hell yes, on the 360
76.92%
10 76.92%
Hell yes, on the PC
23.08%
3 23.08%
I'm waiting for the C64 version
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Even though Dad had to introduce me to it 5/6 years ago, I must admit to being a fan of it on Dad's old computer.

Reckon that the Space Marine game might come close to topping it, though.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(08-06-2011, 04:33 PM)Simon Wrote: I'd owned a PC for a few years in the late 80's, this was just an 8086 clone, getting a more up-to-date one around 91 (CGA initially, but moving to EGA later on). IIRC it was a 286 built by a company in Redditch (might have been Tulip computers ?). Luckily Civilization came out after I'd left college, so didn't do any damage on the grades. Wolfenstein passed me by, but then came Doom and so history was written.

Until my Tomb Raider revelation I hadn't owned my own PC, instead relying on those provided by my employers. Working for a PC manufacturer helped in that respect Smile

In the days before online gaming I used to run the gaming server at Apricot, and we had a large gaming collective where we'd play for up to 2 hours each evening across a couple of site on the office network. This was obviously in the days before kids. Descent, Quake, Quakeworld, Quake II, Carmageddon...ah, the memories. We'd even run analysis on the server logs from each session using Gibstats to produce a league table of players. I don't think any corporate initiative came even close to promoting inter-departmental relations like those gaming sessions.

Happy, happy days, although since then my computer gaming has been restricted to the occasional console session and a handful of PC titles (Civilisation, HL, etc.).

Perhaps we could try our hand at a game of Team Fortress one evening?

(08-06-2011, 04:33 PM)Simon Wrote: 3dfx and voodoo rush cards were a revelation for 3d graphics.

Absolutely, and it's a real shame that 3DFX seemed to press the self-destruct button at the height of their popularity.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
New trailer:
Worth mentioning that if you buy Kill team and complete a mission you unlock an exclusive power sword.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Right, I think that I might get it on the 360, and get myself a Gold Account. I'm rather looking forward to it. Gonna get the Legendary version, but I'm still gonna get Kill Team, too. Considering that the Legendary version is only around £18/£19 more expensive than the normal one, and you get the power sword, art book, resin purity seal and a couple more things, then I think that it's probably worth it.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I've just pre ordered the collectors edition for the pc.
I think we'll get this on the 360 rather than the PS3 since that seems to be the platform that most other people are buying for, then grab a gold account so we can enjoy an online fragfest wih y'all.
I'll definitely be getting this on 360 purely for the Achievements. Feel free to add me, my tag is Etched Oracle.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Yeah, I'm not sure how to change my vote on this, as I can't seem to find the legendary "Undo" button that has saved my life on several other occasions, but we're definately gonna get it on the Xbox, as that seems to be the platform that everyone else is getting it on.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Looks like I will be playing it by myself on the pc Confused
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"