Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 26th June 2018
Hiya guys,

Would anybody fancy a game of 9th Age Warhammer Fantasy this week?

Thanks all,
Phil
Having seen square bases on show the other week I fancy a bit of warhammer fantasy, 8ed. I’ve no 9 age stuff at all but can easily field an army. Can I use my wood elf book for 9age or is it all incompatible.

I do like a bit of 8ed.
(16-06-2018, 12:09 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having seen square bases on show the other week I fancy a bit of warhammer fantasy, 8ed. I’ve no 9 age stuff at all but can easily field an army. Can I use my wood elf book for 9age or is it all incompatible.

I do like a bit of 8ed.

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I last played the hobby at 6th ed and have none of the rule books or army books for 8th edition. One of the main reasons I looked at 9th ed is because I could just download all their content for free. The models are directly transferable from any warhammer edition and you can use other models for representation. The units are designed to completely cross over, however, you do have to download their books from their website. Ive found for o&g that the names have just slightly changed but the main units are very similar to 6th ed. (e.g squigs are called gnashers etc.) When playing Chris he said that he found the rules very similar to 8th ed.

I'd be perfectly willing to play 8th ed but is it/would it be possible to have any links to download the rule book and o&g army book?

If not would it be ok to play 9th age as an alternative?

If you wanna check out the army book and compare it side by side I'll add a link:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?beta-page/

Wood Elf equivalents are called Sylvan Elves.

Cheers

Phil
(16-06-2018, 07:25 PM)Phil Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 12:09 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having seen square bases on show the other week I fancy a bit of warhammer fantasy, 8ed. I’ve no 9 age stuff at all but can easily field an army. Can I use my wood elf book for 9age or is it all incompatible.

I do like a bit of 8ed.

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I last played the hobby at 6th ed and have none of the rule books or army books for 8th edition. One of the main reasons I looked at 9th ed is because I could just download all their content for free. The models are directly transferable from any warhammer edition and you can use other models for representation. The units are designed to completely cross over, however, you do have to download their books from their website. Ive found for o&g that the names have just slightly changed but the main units are very similar to 6th ed. (e.g squigs are called gnashers etc.) When playing Chris he said that he found the rules very similar to 8th ed.

I'd be perfectly willing to play 8th ed but is it/would it be possible to have any links to download the rule book and o&g army book?

If you wanna check out the army book and compare it side by side I'll add a link:

Cheers

Phil

Well, that all sounds fair and understandable. I’ll have a quick mooch when I get the chance. Feel free to take a game with someone else if they offer! If not, bear with me!
(16-06-2018, 11:08 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 07:25 PM)Phil Wrote:

I do like a bit of 8ed.

Hi Matt,

Cheers

Phil

Well, that all sounds fair and understandable. I’ll have a quick mooch when I get the chance. Feel free to take a game with someone else if they offer! If not, bear with me!

Thanks and like wise - I'll also have a look to see if I can get my hands on some kind of downloadable version of the army book and rules for 8th.
Myself and Lord Creed (Peter) will be doing a game of 40K.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Hi all, anyone up for some Blood Bowl or 40k (flexible on points)?

Andy
40k - Chaos Space Marines, Deathwatch & Imperial Knights
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf
Kill Team - Chaos Space Marines & Deathwatch

Hello, would anyone be down for a potential DnD 5e one shot?
(19-06-2018, 03:13 PM)TobyS Wrote: Hello, would anyone be down for a potential DnD 5e one shot?

Hi Toby. I would be interested in this and will bring along my son now he has finished exams. I have sent you a message.
Cheers.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
(19-06-2018, 03:13 PM)TobyS Wrote: Hello, would anyone be down for a potential DnD 5e one shot?

Hi toby

Yes I would be interested in a DnD one shot. Would this be with pre generated characters or would we be creating our own?

Cheers

Will
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."