Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Falconer's Guild - Guild Ball
https://store-uk.steamforged.com/collect...ners-guild

New Falconer's guild up for pre order, hot on the heels of the new ratcatcher's guild, both in plastic
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
They look great, but gonna concentrate on my butchers for now
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
I cannot see how this is helping the game to be honest. There seems to be more focus on more guilds, than models for existing guilds. Whilst obviously from a purely financial decision, selling a box of miniatures, will pull in more than a single sculpt, as someone who 1) is not playing competitively so is not buying each power creep guild, 2) has not even painted his kick starter guild, each new guild release just bores me. Eventually they will run out of mechanics (Snare was supposed to be Hunter specific, to start, its now in other guilds,) a new captain, mascot and model per guild per year, would pull in more money, and keep interest more I feel.

That being said though, they have moved out of Element Games, into new premises, so things cannot be going too badly.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
That might be due to their other games though, not sure how well Guild Ball is doing.

Are the new quilds thought of as more powerful than the older ones then?

I'm quite interested in the Falconer's and Blacksmiths Guild but trying to resist as can't justify buying them when I am not getting any games in, and my painting queue is endless!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The Falconers and the Ratcatchers are minor guilds . Not as powerful as the major guilds. Makes no difference in play just in fluff. Each minor guild will be allied to a major Guild, so you will see some player crossovers. Veteran Graves from the Mortic8ans can play for the Ratcatchers. This still only makes 13 teams as of the end of June. Also some Union players can now play as full guild players. I know Gutter has now joined the Butchers, and so won't count towards the Union restrictions .
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
I bought the basic two team set, etc. at Salute last year - a real bargain at about £35. Have played the initial learn how to play game, and had a tutorial from Gaz before that.

I like what I have played so far but 1 game a year isn't cutting learning the rules that certainly need a bit of practice...

Open to a game sometime...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
This is one of my fave games. Lots of different mechanics, so lots of opportunity to push plays together to do something spectacular. I definitely want to get in more games . Any Guild your leaning towards yet Paul?
Malifaux - Gremlins
Would a casual league help people get more games in? Sort of like the Blood Bowl one but where you can play ppl multiple times and just record average score or something?

I also love this game Steve and def want to play it more - might even try and finish painting a team....
In a league wouldn't matter in which order you played opposing teams, as no players get any advancements. Just say play every other team maybe twice if there aren't many players.
Malifaux - Gremlins
I'm thinking I want to do tournaments next year. Not many about though. Maybe we should set in a up, get the club name on the Guild ball map? Not even UK expo running one.
Malifaux - Gremlins