Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Player
We've been contacted by a chap who is looking to have some intro games of FoW. Anyone here interested in giving that a go?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(12-03-2018, 10:02 AM)Stuart Wrote: We've been contacted by a chap who is looking to have some intro games of FoW. Anyone here interested in giving that a go?

Hi Stuart.
I would be happy to give it a go, though I have never played properly and only have the old Open Fire starter set.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
Cheers Tony, I'll pass that on.
I have some FoW (latest?) rules and figures and tanks but all still boxed and packaged as I moved to 28mm instead. I am happy to have a game with other folks toys for now. Rules very similar to Bolt Action in the only game of FoW I played previously as far as I remember. Alternatively I have plenty 28mm toys for two opposing forces and can play Bolt Action, Chain of Command (preferred) or NUTS 4th edition.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(24-03-2018, 06:26 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I have some FoW (latest?) rules and figures and tanks but all still boxed and packaged as I moved to 28mm instead. I am happy to have a game with other folks toys for now. Rules very similar to Bolt Action in the only game of FoW I played previously as far as I remember. Alternatively I have plenty 28mm toys for two opposing forces and can play Bolt Action, Chain of Command (preferred) or NUTS 4th edition.

I ordered a copy of the Chain of Command rules about 3 weeks ago. It has still not appeared. Are 2FL normally this bad at delivering?
I thought this would be worth trying as it seems to use the same figures as Bolt Action.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
Thanks chaps, I've directed Bruce to this thread.
(25-03-2018, 10:21 AM)Walters Wrote:
(24-03-2018, 06:26 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I have some FoW (latest?) rules and figures and tanks but all still boxed and packaged as I moved to 28mm instead. I am happy to have a game with other folks toys for now. Rules very similar to Bolt Action in the only game of FoW I played previously as far as I remember. Alternatively I have plenty 28mm toys for two opposing forces and can play Bolt Action, Chain of Command (preferred) or NUTS 4th edition.

I ordered a copy of the Chain of Command rules about 3 weeks ago. It has still not appeared. Are 2FL normally this bad at delivering?
I thought this would be worth trying as it seems to use the same figures as Bolt Action.

Hi Tony, I have only ever ordered .pdf versions from them so just an immediate download, cannot comment otherwise.
Yes figures, tanks, et al, are all pretty generic regardless of these rule sets, as all based on Platoon level action.
We need to get a date arranged for a game.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(26-03-2018, 04:20 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(25-03-2018, 10:21 AM)Walters Wrote:

Hi Tony, I have only ever ordered .pdf versions from them so just an immediate download, cannot comment otherwise.
Yes figures, tanks, et al, are all pretty generic regardless of these rule sets, as all based on Platoon level action.
We need to get a date arranged for a game.

I'll give them till the weekend then hassle them. I am going to get the new El Alamein version of FOW hopefully for my birthday. Even if it isn't amazing there'll be some nice models. Plus you could presumably have bigger games of bolt action with 15mm figures.
I definitely want to do some WW2 at some point - I'd like to add to my Bolt Action Germans but want to play a few games first before I do..

I also own some Flames of War, haven't played in years though. I think I have a British Infantry Company with Tanks and Support Weapons along with a bunch of later war German Stuff.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Chain of Command rules have turned up. Had an email conversation with the author. They are shorter by a long way than bolt action.
I have a demo game arranged at Kidderminster in a couple of week so it will be interesting to see how they play. I can't say I am finding them
easy to understand on first read!