Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Companies Campaign - Rosters and Results
I can edit this on my phone now :-)

Name Class Rank Equipment Special Rules Injuries Xp Move F S D A W C M W F Pts
Dave Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Armour - - 4 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Steve Warrior of Minas Tirith Hero Sword, Shield, Lance, Horse, Armour - - 4 6" (10") 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 1 1 1 32
Craig Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 4 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Tom Warrior of Minas Tirith Hero Sword, Bow, Armour Pinpoint Shot - 7 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 1 1 1 33
Chris Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Bow, Armour - - 3 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Billy Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Armour - - 2 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Pete Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 3 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Mike Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 1 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Ryan Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 0 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
NewName Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Bow, Armour - - 0 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Updated my list above
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Hiya. I notice my name is against an undisclosed army. I'm afraid I'm not going to be taking part. So don't pay any attention to that! Ha ha ha. Enjoy!
So when will we be playing this again?
DZC: UCM
DFC: UCM and PHR
Saga: Gall Gaidheal
Bolt Action: Heer Panzergrens
Warzone: Capitol
Epic: Orks and Marines
Necromunda, Mordheim, BFG, Frostgrave..basically anything that isn't 40K or the abomination that is Age of Sigmar.
13th March is the next mass date
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Rivendell Battle Company
Company Rating = (145)
Name Class Rank Equipment Injuries Move F S D A W C M W F Pts
tbc High Elf Warrior Hero (Lieutenant) Heavy Armour, Shield, Elven Blade - 6" 5/3+ 4 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 30
tbc High Elf Warrior Hero (Sergeant) Heavy Armour, Shield, Spear - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 26
tbc High Elf Warrior Hero (Sergeant) Heavy Armour, Elf Bow - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 26
tbc High Elf Warrior Heavy Armour, Elven Blade - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 0 0 0 10
tbc High Elf Warrior Heavy Armour, Shield, Spear - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 0 0 0 11
tbc High Elf Warrior Heavy Armour, Elven Blade Injured - Miss next game (Game 4) 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 0 0 0 10
tbc High Elf Warrior Heavy Armour, Elf Bow - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 11
tbc Knight of Rivendell Heavy Armour, Lance, Elven Blade, Elf Bow, Horse - 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 0 0 0 21

Game 1 Rescue Vs. Russell - Lost - Gained 5 Influence (+2 Playing, +2 Playing Higher Company Rating, +1 Hero) - Spent 3 on reinforcement roll, added 1 to roll to get a High Elf Warrior with Elven Blade. Spent 1 on a Shield for Lieutenant. All 5 models gained 1 XP. Company Rating now 113.

Game 2 Hold the Line Vs. Tony - Lost - Gained 2 Influence (+2 Playing) - 6 models gained total of 8XP. Hero (Sergeant) with Bow injured, next game must be Secure the Area. Company Rating now 113.

Game 3 Secure the Area Vs. Will - Won - Gained 4 Influence (+2 Playing, +2 Win) - Spent 6 on two reinforcement rolls, added 1 High Elf Warrior with Bow and 1 Knight of Rivendell. 6 Models gained total of 9XP. Hero (lieutenant) spent 5XP on a combat progression roll, gaining +1 Strength. Spear Warrior 2 spent 5 on a warrior progression roll but with no effect. Company Rating now 145.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Luke's Week 2 Results

Game 4 - played Rob's Harad, in the Plunder the Camp Scenario. This time, the Dwarves had quite a few more bodies and outnumbered the attackers. Rob managed to get into the camp by distracting some of the dwarves, but only lit one objective on fire before the sheer weight of dwarves took him down. Victory to the Dwarves.

Post game, one of Bowman reached 5 exp and became a hero, and my Leader gained +1 defence. Saved the 4 influence I won.

Game 5 - played Will Gundbad Orcs, in the Messenger Scenario. With only 6 orcs to fight 11 Dwarves, only 2 Dwarves went down before the Orcs rerolls ran out. My messanger was still alive at the end, as was the orc, although the rest of his Warband was down. Draw.

Post game, my Hero who had been injured rolled out on the table and got a 12, so recovered his leg wound and gained an extra fate, as well as an extra might from advancement! My Sergeant with the Two Handed Weapon gained +1 strength, and the other injured Warrior was promoted to a Khazad Guard but missing the next game. Spent 6 total influence on the table to recruit another Vault Warden Team.

Game 6 - played Tony in (contested ground?). Tony completely forgot about his 7 rerolls, which didn't help, as he was outnumbered over 2 to 1.  The sneaky elves hit the dwarves in the flank, meaning the dwarves injured heroes couldn't hobble fast enough to get involved, but it wasn't enough with only 1 dwarf being knocked before the elves were scattered. Victory to the Dwarves.

Banked the influence as we didn't have time to do that, My new hero gained the Faction Specific Special Rule, and the leader got +1 might. The warrior with the shield gained enough Exp to be promoted to an Iron Guard.

Warband updated in earlier post.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Russell's Week 2 Results

Dave Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Armour - - 8 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Steve Warrior of Minas Tirith Hero Sword, Shield, Lance, Horse, Armour For the White Tower, Parry - 15 6" (10") 4/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 1 1 1 57
Craig Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 8 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Tom Warrior of Minas Tirith Hero Sword, Bow, Armour Pinpoint Shot, Master Archer - 7 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 1 1 1 43
Chris Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Bow, Armour - - 7 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Billy Knight of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Lance, Horse, Armour - - 5 6"(10") 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 14
Pete Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 7 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Mike Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Spear, Armour - - 4 6" 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 0 9
Ryan Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Shield, Lance, Horse, Armour - - 4 6"(10") 3/4+ 3 5(6) 1 1 3 0 0 1 37
NewName Warrior of Minas Tirith Warrior Sword, Bow, Armour - - 3 6" 3/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 0 0 0 8
Luke Guard of the Fountain Court Warrior Spear, Shield, Very Heavy Armour - - 1 6" 4/4+ 3 6(7) 1 1 3 0 0 0 11
Rob Citadel Guard Warrior Sword, Longbow, Armour - - 0 6" 4/4+ 3 5 1 1 3 0 0 0 13
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Heart 
Zog's battle company results (week 2)

Game 1
Vs Russel and his gondorans

Mash 'Ere boss you sure we'd going the right way we've been wondering around this place for ages and not sin no-one"
Zog"Shuddup maggot, you smell that. Man flesh!"

So I was a bit out influenced in this game something like 50 influence behind! Not concerned Zog and his gang marched straight up the middle. It was find the relic so Russel had a bit of an advantage with a horse. However it was to be his archers that did most of the damage killing 3 orcs in short succssion the rider killing another two leaving just urg hiding behind a hill waiting for all the nasty men to go away.

Result: Loss

Unfortunately the arrow to Gnarg turned out to be fatal. However Zog appeared to be blessed by the dark lord gaining an extra fate!
I rolled on the influence table and gained a Beserker! I also bought the Beserker a two handed weapon.

Game 2
Vs luke and his durins folk

Zog"Okay boys that didn' go so well. Where's Gnarg?"
Mash"He wernt breathin' boss so we left im"
Sprig"Ere boss the new guy says he saw some dwarves before e met up with us"
Urag"Dwarves have always got good beer with them i ent had a drink in ages! Lets get em"

Once again out influenced, this time by 75 points!
We played kill the messenger. I chose urg to be my messager, as Mash was recovering from an injury sustained last game and it would be pretty silly to give the message to my Beserker.
Things started out pretty well. With a couple of dwarves falling beneath the swords of the orcs(burnt all my rerolls early). However the numbers of the dwarves warband started to show later in the game and many orcs where felled. Leaving just urg running away at the end (again)

Result: Draw

Only the Beserker had any lasting injury having to miss a game. I rolled on the influence table twice gaining a fell warg (growl) and a new gundabad with sword and sheild(Flib)

Game 3
Vs JJ and his elves

Zog "Well done Urg you got the message through. What reinforcements did we get ?"

Urg "We got Fib here. I also found this warg I can we keep him boss?"
Growl "Growl, elf blood, this way"
Zog "Seems the warg knows where to go. Let's off boyz"

So this was an even battle. Yay
JJ had to rescue one of his heroes so we played that scenario.
I decided I didn't care about winning and just wanted to kill some elves Smile this worked out well losing just two orcs (both sergents) and killing many elves. Game was a loss but pretty close came down to loosing a combat and being pushed away from  the middle.

Result:Loss

Both sergeants ended up with leg wounds Sad
I decided to save my influence.
Zog earned Bane of Kings. Which just sounds cool.

Game 4
Vs Hectors iron hills mob

Zog "that bleeding pointy eared might have got away but we have them elves a pretty good kicking. Well done boyz"
Growl "Growl, Dwarf, blood, this way"
Zog "you got a good nose Growl. Boyz follow the warg"
Mash "Do we have to boss I'm tired"

This time I was out influenced by 15ish points
I decided on the same orcy tactic as last time. Lol all the dwarves. Worry about the objective if I want to later. I got lucky with the deployment rolls and was able to isolate and kill four dwarves pretty quickly at the beginning of the game. It was then a race to the middle as the dwarves where broken the game might end any turn. The game ended one turn too early and victory went the dwarves. With only one orc lost and many dwarves slain it felt like a good loss though.

Result: Loss

Unforutaly Urag was left behind. So now I need to go and rescue him.
Both Urag and Sprig got an experience roll. Sprig got +1wnd and Sprig (if he survives the next game) got +1 might.
Having a need to rescue a hero next time I blew all my influnce on rolls. Getting another warg (sniff) and a fell bat (bruce)

Thanks for the games everyone was great fun. Looking forward to the next one!
Name: Northern Mirkwood Battle Company
Company Rating: 160 

Joe Diamond Mirkwood Elf Warrior Hero (Lieutenant) Elven Blade and Shield, Heavy Armour Blademaster 9 6" 5/3+ 3 6 1 1 5 1 1 1 40
Vincent Lee Mirkwood Elf Warrior Hero (Sergeant) Elf Bow, Heavy Armour Steady Aim - 9 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 40
Dexter Drake Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elven Glaive, Heavy Armour - - 6 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 - - - 11
Darrell Simmons Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elven Blade and Shield, Heavy Armour - - 5 6" 5/3+ 3 6 1 1 5 - - - 11
Monterey Jack Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elf Bow, Heavy Armour - - 4 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 - - - 11
Bob Jenkins Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elven Blade and Shield, Heavy Armour - - 3 6" 5/3+ 3 6 1 1 5 - - - 11
Ashcan Pete Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elven Blade and Shield,Heavy Armour - - 1 6" 5/3+ 3 6 1 1 5 - - - 11
Kate Winthrop Mirkwood Elf Ranger Elven Bow, Elven Cloak (Knife Fighter) 0 6" 5/3+ 3 3 1 1 5 - - - 14
Michael McGlen Mirkwood Elf Warrior Elven Glaive, Heavy Armour - - 0 6" 5/3+ 3 5 1 1 5 - - - 11

Game 1 - Played Hector's Iron Hills Dwarves. Scenario was Show of Strength I think. I used up every bit of good luck in my rolls and Hector did the opposite. I managed a win with only one casualty, who recovered for the next game.

Post game - cant remember exact outcome, but Vincent Lee gained Steady Aim and I think I used influence to gain 1 or 2 new warriors.

Game 2 - Played JJ's High Elves. Scenario was Hold the Line with JJ as defender. I split my forces in 2 as I had to get 33% off the opposite edge. The side with the bows did really well and ended up escaping. The other side was more of a stalemate and I ended up with 1 elf chased around for ages by 2 of JJs. Mirkwood won but with only 4 survivors.

Post game - again can't remember exact outcome, but Joe Diamond gained Blademaster Carolyn Fern gained Keen Eye and Dexter Drake reached 5 XP but learned nothing from his experiences.

Game 3 - Played Russel's Gondor. Scenario was Chance Encounter. I tried to engage the main body of his forces before his flanking cavalry hit me. It didn't work and I got all but obliterated. I think Gondor suffered 1 casualty.

Post game - Disaster. Carolyn Fern died of her wounds. In addition both Dexter Drake and Monterey Jack were seriously enough wounded to miss the next battle. I think this was when Ashcan Pete joined the warband.

Game 4 - Played Luke's Dwarves. Scenario was I think Chance Encounter again. Mirwood's warband was sorely depleted and somewhat outnumbered. Once again the attempted tactical manoeuver only delayed the inevitable as a single dwarf was knocked out before the massacre was complete. The consolation was lots of IP due to the difference between warbands.

Post game - The injured Elves recovered but only Darrell Simmons reached the milestone 5XP. Needless to say he learned as much as his mate Dexter from his experiences. Used 9 IP on 2 reinforcement rolls, resulting in the addition of Kate and Michael. 1 IP left unused.

Overall a very enjoyable introduction to Battle Companies, thanks to my excellent opponents. Look forward to next time. 
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR