Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full)
Cheers Russell! I actually got the codex on Saturday too. Shiney things!

Just need to wait till payday until my wargaming budget is refreshed and I can actually buy some models lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Sporadic again! (I will get better...promise). Having painted units always reroll against seems a bit OP and an unfair advantage for players with an established army. Something I wanted to avoid from the start (like the campaign using units army lists that remain the same week-to-week, just increase in points with additional units)

However. The use of a stratagem seems a good idea to try and limit a potential sea of grey plastic.

I may also include a similar game mechanic as to a previous dfc campaign and have held locations provide bonuses. likely in the form of custom stratagems.
For the Angelic Horde!
(01-02-2018, 09:22 PM)Fitz Wrote: Sporadic again! (I will get better...promise). Having painted units always reroll against seems a bit OP and an unfair advantage for players with an established army. Something I wanted to avoid from the start (like the campaign using units army lists that remain the same week-to-week, just increase in points with additional units)

However. The use of a stratagem seems a good idea to try and limit a potential sea of grey plastic.

I may also include a similar game mechanic as to a previous dfc campaign and have held locations provide bonuses. likely in the form of custom stratagems.

Agree with it being a Stratagem to prevent it being to powerful. Like the sound of the custom stratagems, that could be quite fun!

Just one question - if we're going from Combat Patrol M1 to a Patrol detachment M2, the Patrol detachment actually has less slots in it the Combat Patrol, just no restrictions on models. I was planning on taking 4-5 troops in the Combat Patrol which is allowed, but the Patrol detachment only allows 3! So at the patrol stage is it a single patrol detachment, or can we use a double patrol detachment?

Just trying to figure out what models I need to pick up first, as don't want to spend my monthly hobby budget on a bunch of models I can't use for a few months  Smile
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
I will probably use the combat patrol in lieu of the standard patrol
For the Angelic Horde!
so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

with the steps as they currently are i never get enough PL in one step to add a GUO in one round, can i take less PL initially to then add it later?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)Simian Wrote: so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

with the steps as they currently are i never get enough PL in one step to add a GUO in one round, can i take less PL initially to then add it later?

I Had assumed that - I figured it left me exposed by choice in 1 round for the payoff in the next round - some of my units are too pricey as well
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Can someone clarify what a combat patrol is or where the rules are? I'm only getting the option in Battlescribe for a Patrol Detachment, not a Combat Patrol Detachment?
Magic the Gathering

(02-02-2018, 08:56 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Can someone clarify what a combat patrol is or where the rules are? I'm only getting the option in Battlescribe for a Patrol Detachment, not a Combat Patrol Detachment?

It was posted on the first page
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(02-02-2018, 06:43 PM)Russell Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)Simian Wrote: so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

I Had assumed that - I figured it left me exposed by choice in 1 round for the payoff in the next round - some of my units are too pricey as well

It makes sense, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t gaming the system some how!

I’ll go 4pl down game one and burn the lot game 2 on a GUO
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Thanks Ben but where are those rules for the Combat Patrol from? I'm curious why it isn't selectable in battlescribe?

What's a GUO?
Magic the Gathering