Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob seeks battle
Hi All, firstly thanks for all the advice on my earlier thread about shipbuilding. I've built my UCM fleet and primed it (painting to begin soon) so keen to arrange my first encounter. Anyone fancy taking on a complete noob and showing me the ropes/the nasty end of a mass driver? If so, please let me know.
Necromunda - Van Saar, Scavvies; Dropfleet Commander - UCM
I could give you an intro game if you want. When were you thinking?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Hey, thanks Will. How you fixed for 8 or 15 August?
I believe I am playing xwing on the 8th but the 15th is good for me. Do you have an idea of what points you want to play? I think aiming for around 750pts is a good idea for a begginer game but thats a loose value if you want to go a higher or lower, thats fine.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(27-07-2017, 01:07 PM)will Wrote: I believe I am playing xwing on the 8th but the 15th is good for me. Do you have an idea of what points you want to play? I think aiming for around 750pts is a good idea for a begginer game but thats a loose value if you want to go a higher or lower, thats fine.

I'm happy to go with the 750 recommendation. I'll start to look at building my list. Will be my first trip to the Redditch club. What time will you arrive (I'll be driving over from rugby and reckon I can arrive as early as 6:30)?
I normally get to the club for 6:45-6:50.
If you want any help with what to put in your list feel free to ask. I tend to use dflist.com to build my fleet lists, as it makes life so much easier

(27-07-2017, 06:40 PM)will Wrote: I normally get to the club for 6:45-6:50.
If you want any help with what to put in your list feel free to ask. I tend to use dflist.com to build my fleet lists, as it makes life so much easier

Cheers Will, I'll check that out. Any recommendations on transporting models? Haven't moved from the painting table as yet and they look a little delicate for the 'chuck 'em in a shoebox' treatment.
Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!
(27-07-2017, 10:03 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!

Not used any of their cases before, got plenty of KR cases though and they are good value.

For my DfC I've just been using clear plastic storage boxes, e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compartment-Bo...2749.l2649 for mine and I've only really had one transport related breakage so far.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(30-07-2017, 04:13 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(27-07-2017, 10:03 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!

Not used any of their cases before, got plenty of KR cases though and they are good value.

For my DfC I've just been using clear plastic storage boxes, e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compartment-Bo...2749.l2649 for mine and I've only really had one transport related breakage so far.

Cheers JJ - I'll take a look. One travel related breakage doesn't sound good! Nothing too bad I hope? How many ships do you travel with for tournaments? Hoping to pick the game up enough to compete.