Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please
23-06-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please
Hi there Adam, welcome to RedWarSoc, good to have another player starting Dropfleet Commander!

Dropfleet Commander- 2500pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 2500pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

X-Wing- 100pts First Order

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 09:26 PM
(23-06-2017 10:22 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:  Hi there Adam, welcome to RedWarSoc, good to have another player starting Dropfleet Commander!

Thanks Scoundrel - I've just cut the first frigates off their sprues so it might be a while before I get over to you guys. Hope you don't all move onto something else in the meantime :-)
27-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi All, so I have my tiny 2x1mm magnets and I've just cut all the frigates off their sprues (and removed the mold lines of course!) and I'm left wondering just how far I should go with magnetisation (which I've never tried before)? It seems to make definite sense for the cruisers so I can easily tailor my fleet but interested in your thoughts on my eight frigates. It feels like the side weapon panels and engine/antenna array sections push on and pull off quite snugly without magnets. Any advice?
01-07-2017, 12:18 PM
(27-06-2017 09:33 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote:  Hi All, so I have my tiny 2x1mm magnets and I've just cut all the frigates off their sprues (and removed the mold lines of course!) and I'm left wondering just how far I should go with magnetisation (which I've never tried before)? It seems to make definite sense for the cruisers so I can easily tailor my fleet but interested in your thoughts on my eight frigates. It feels like the side weapon panels and engine/antenna array sections push on and pull off quite snugly without magnets. Any advice?

Yeah I wouldn't bother magnetising any frigates. It works well for the cruisers though, and they tend to be on the battlefield a lot longer!

Dropfleet Commander- 2500pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 2500pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

X-Wing- 100pts First Order

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017