Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please
(19-06-2017, 07:31 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(19-06-2017, 07:17 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Thanks ms Luke, I'm gonna order it all now! Any advice on what glue and other assembly tools I will need? I've only worked with metal minis before...

(18-06-2017, 09:56 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(18-06-2017, 09:24 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Hi Luke, I'm totally sold on UCM - it scratches my Battlestar itch. If you were in my position - and you had £200 to spend what would you buy? It's burning a hole in my pocket! :-)

(18-06-2017, 08:48 PM)LukeR Wrote: Second Will's comment - it's worth playing a few games to get a feel for what style you want to play.

As a fellow UCM player, I'm not entirely sold on Battleships and prefer the Battlecruisers, but that's just me.

The starter set plus an additional starter fleet would be a good starting point - you would have enough to play a 1000 game which would be a good starting point - then you can play a few games and get a feel for what you like.

Command cards would be good as well.

I love the UCM Carriers personally - the Seattle is a great ship as is the Atlantis Battlecruiser.

If you want to go with the Battlestar theme then the New York Battleship seems fittings, it's got a scary amount of launch...

You'll need superglue if you decide to go with the Battleship as it's Resin.

Other than that Clippers, a Craft Knife/ Small File for cleaning the Mould Lines and other bits off.

Thanks Luke - I went without the battleship in the end - followed the group's advice and bought the two player starter set, UCM starter fleet, and command cards. Really looking forward to reading the rulebook and all the fluff!

On the kit I already have clippers, files and super glue so it looks like I'm all set - had read a few posts where people mentioned plastic cement but I'm guessing from what you've said that I can ignore that. Also been watching a few vids on magnetising. Is that a common thing? I've not done that before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please - by Adam Duckett - 19-06-2017, 09:52 PM