Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eighth Edition
Probably back in in a small way, was utterly sick of the last edition
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Sisters will probably start taking to the battle field again, with a host of Allies.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Are those allies likely to be Gold?
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
You mean like these guys ?

Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
Sisters Ready For 8th

Celestine (everyone's favourite)

Penitent Engines - From what I have read, now they stay alive and whoop arse in Melee

Bolter Bitches

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
Or maybe these guys may get a run out

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
Core rules download free from GW: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/War...0000-Rules
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Got my rulebook and had a read through the core rules, and some of the other "advanced" rules. Really like it and can't wait to get some games in.

I really like how straightfoward some of the phases are now. The psychic phase is nice and simple, no faff with the perils of the warp table and gone are the days of having to track loads of powers on a spreadsheet when you've got 5+ psykers and doing all that dice rolling at the start of the game to work it all out and keep track of it.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Luke and I played a game last week - a real change from 7th - Got to use quite a few Ork units i havn't used for ages
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(25-06-2017, 10:53 AM)Russell Wrote: Luke and I played a game last week - a real change from 7th - Got to use quite a few Ork units i havn't used for ages

Yes, it was quite a change - I realised afterwards the minor rule I didn't play right was that as Space Marines I had the ability to reroll morale checks - I only lost one or two men to morale so it made no effect on the game really.

Going to continue with the Bikes - as it's fun but have done a bit of fiddling to the list to get two more Dreadnoughts in!
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement