Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter update, Experimental rules!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haw...ts/1835808

I draw your attention to the experimental rules pdf. What do people think? PHR get a massive boost! (Not sure why)

Edit: experimental rules here ->
.pdf   ExperimentalRules.pdf (Size: 593.03 KB / Downloads: 443)
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(19-03-2017, 06:52 PM)will Wrote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haw...ts/1835808

I draw your attention to the experimental rules pdf. What do people think? PHR get a massive boost! (Not sure why)

I like the fact the St Petersburg change. Diamond point increase seems fair as well.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
(19-03-2017, 07:01 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(19-03-2017, 06:52 PM)will Wrote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haw...ts/1835808

I like the fact the St Petersburg change. Diamond point increase seems fair as well.

Not sure it needs both the point increase and the crippling particle rule interaction changed, one or the other would seem fair to me.

I have just realised the change to the calibre rule will affect the minos as well. Along with the calypso change PHR battleships are going to be insane!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Shaltari got a bit of a nerf again. I think nerfing the diamond and the glass is fair enough, glass weapons are now close action making them slightly less effective. Jade frigates might be worth taking now, hitting on 2+. Void gates and corvettes no longer count tonnage for critical locations - fine, this hardly ever came into effect anyway. I will prob still take the diamond but it is less of an auto take now, which I think is a good thing really.

Bombers are a bit more effective as harder to shake off - like this change.

The streamlined rules for sectors etc I quite like, speeds up this aspect of the game and removes some of the randomness that affected it. I like that if you bombard a sector it is worth less points.

Having not played against PHR much, not sure how much of a boost it actually is, guess it remains to be seen.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'm just reading through now, so far I'm liking most of the proposed changes.

Gareth will probably be happy with the changes to ground combat, a little simpler.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Indeed. It's changes that I think were necessary (although I'll acknowledge I'm in a minority at the club, although clearly not internationally.) That whole phase really drew away from a space game, whilst fundamentally was more important than the actual space game. It's a little more simplistic than I would have gone, but I think it's also increased the value of Bombardment, due to it being easier to destroy two point tokens (armour) over single point tokens (infantry.) I would have thought this would have happened in a v2 (or 1.1) rules manual which is why I haven't bailed out of the game, because I have enjoyed the core mechanics.

I was surprised about the Space Station changes, although I have felt that they were too powerful when I've encountered them, so that's welcome too. I just wasn't expecting it to happen.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
So are we going to be using the experimental rules at the club, or wait for them to be finalised?

I would of liked a nerf on the ground based orbital gun too because they are pretty ridic tbh

I'm happy to use these rules going forward.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
yeah happy to go with the flow
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari