Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fancy some Middle Earth Roleplaying?
I have been threatening to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for years… Finally I am going to run a game at the club. Intent is to play once a month so everyone has time to do other things too. I am looking for 5 or 6 players.

My game is set in (an alternative) 4th Age Middle Earth, I use floorplans and figures – LotR is very helpful in providing the right figures for this!

Beginners and Veterans welcome…

Introdocution

After the Battle of the Five Armies and the death of Thorin Oakenshield, Dain II Ironfoot became King under the Mountain of Erebor. In so doing he moved his court west from the Iron Hills. Erebor was much better placed as a center for trade than the Iron Hills and while it grew in status once more the Iron Hills became something of a quiet backwater.

Broin is a relatively young dwarf of the Iron Hills. Understandably, like many young dwarves, he loves the tales of Thorin Oakenshield and the adventures he had with Bilbo Baggins, and an excuse to get away from Iron would be great. When Broin receives news that his rather wayward uncle, Widdun the Restless, has died and left him the rights to his secret gold mine… well, the ‘runes are carved in the wall’ as they say.

This secret mine is way, way south among the mountains lying west of the Sea of Rhun.

Hmmm… a journey across wild lands, a mountain, a secret entrance, more gold than you can shake a battle axe at… What’s to wait for! With another dark and dull winter fast approaching, Broin wants to waste no time pulling his own band of friends together to join him on his own quest for fame and fortune. Not to mention fame, riches, gold, lots and lots of gold, and maybe… hang on did someone mention a dragon? Nah, they are all dead now… aren’t they?

Do you fancy being Broin, or one of his friends/acquaintances?

Broin is a Dwarf, the other 4/5 characters don’t have to be, but all will originate in or around the Iron Hills and not have travelled far… yet. A party of dwarves could be fun…

If you want to play then drop me a few lines with your idea of a character outline and we will fix one up by email before we play. All characters will start out as Level 1 Fighters and Lev 0 something else, Ranger-ish, Healer-ish, Druid-ish, Mage-ish, Scout-ish, Shooty-ish, Sneaky-backstabber-ish, whatever-you-fancy-ish.

–ish because this is Middle Earth and I interpret the rules to fit the right roleplaying milieu.

I find having a Fighter-based multiclass character ensures everyone can fight to some degree of competence but also have another skill to bring to the table and enjoy a more rounded game experience.

PM please and we will go from there…
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I'm in, will work on a character...
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'd be up for this. I started playing in my first dnd campaign at the end of last year but meetings are few and far between so would be good to have something regular.
Will have a think about a character and PM you...
When where you thinking of starting?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(09-02-2017, 05:47 PM)will Wrote: I'd be up for this. I started playing in my first dnd campaign at the end of last year but meetings are few and far between so would be good to have something regular.
Will have a think about a character and PM you...
When where you thinking of starting?

Great stuff - you become character number three. Hopefully another couple will come on board and we will start asap. Obviously need to find a regular week in the month e.g. first or last Tuesday of the month that fits with other campaigns and so forth. But we will sort it.

Let me know what ideas you have for a character and we'll get you sorted.
We have our party leader now - name has changed and he has his interesting back-history. He has two companions.

He could really do with one more companion...

or two...

or three... at a stretch.

Come and give it a go...
(16-02-2017, 04:35 PM)Agincourt Wrote: We have our party leader now - name has changed and he has his interesting back-history. He has two companions.

He could really do with one more companion...

or two...

or three... at a stretch.

Come and give it a go...

I do quite fancy giving this a go, I'll PM you a brief character bio.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Shall we set a date for our first session? Might be a good idea before all our free weeks are taken up. Haha
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(26-02-2017, 07:53 PM)will Wrote: Shall we set a date for our first session? Might be a good idea before all our free weeks are taken up. Haha

Good idea...

What availability do you all have for the next 4 weeks?
(27-02-2017, 02:09 PM)Agincourt Wrote: What availability do you all have for the next 4 weeks?

I don't have anything lined up for the 14th or 28th.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(27-02-2017, 02:09 PM)Agincourt Wrote: What availability do you all have for the next 4 weeks?

I'm actually only free the 21st March. I didn't realise I had so much on this month. After March I have nothing but free Tuesdays though.