Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebellion - Another impulse purchase
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/ne...rebellion/

Sitting on the shelf next to me, begging to be played

From what I've been reading, this game is best placed for just 2 players but can take a whopping 3 - 4 hours to get through. So not sure it would be possible to do it at the weekly club.

Anyone have any experience of Rebellion? Is it possible to do it in 3 hours? I'd be up for booking something in (on a non StarWars-RPG night) or if it really is a long game I'm up for an out-of-club session somewhere.... some time....
Rebellion is a bit of a slog to get through. 3 hours might be enough when the players know what they are doing. As for the 3-4 player part of the game. Don't bother. It's honestly one player can roll dice in space combat, the other rolls dice in ground combat. There is no try multi-player experience to be had.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
This is the game we played isn't it Gaz? I thought it was pretty good with four of us?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(09-03-2017, 07:26 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: This is the game we played isn't it Gaz? I thought it was pretty good with four of us?

The game wasn't terrible, but it certainly isn't a 4 player game. It's a two player game with some pretty basic 4 player rules, so you can pull it out with more than two of you being there. The rules change to one player plays cards and rolls dice in space, the other does the same on ground. A multiplayer game would have more of a round robin element in this, so four mini-rounds per game turn.

Still that's the only time I've ever got Rebellion out, so I really do need to play it again. Especially as Slaute is just around the corner. Once a year makes it quite an expensive purchase.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen