Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats good agenst what
I have found out that a unit of 20 Orc Boys are generally very good against weaker units such as Skinks for the Lizardmen, and perhaps something like the High Elf Archers for (Guess what Smile) High Elves. I have noticed that, with hand weapon and shields, that they can blitz through many weaker units. As they are already Strength 3, then if the they have the Big 'Uns upgrade, that's Strngth 4, then the Choppa ability (+1 Strength for the first combat), that's Strength 5. That will render even a Heavy Armoured foe with no save. Then, when (or if) they attack you back, you'll have a 5+ Save, then a 6+ Save (for your Parry Save). After that they are only Strength 4 (no Choppa ability), but that would still give a Light Armoured foe no save, and a Heavy Armoured foe a 6+ save, not 5+. They are dirt cheap, along with the Boss (to issue good challenges), Standard Bearer (for that extra point, or if they also have a Standard Bearer) and a Musician (in case it's a draw, or if they also have a musician), they are near enough invincible!

Black Orcs can tackle the more tricky units such as the Phoenix Guard (for High Elves) or the Miners (for the Dwarfs). If you include Grimgor Ironhide and he is your general, then you can issue Waaarghs, Give the unit Hatred, +1 weapon skill, etc. Also, then you could go after the general of your opponents's force as Grimgor could either challenge it, or just fight alongside his special unit of Da Immortulz.

Also, the Squig Hoppers can be utterly devastating, see my other post to see what I have put about them. I have 15 of 'em! Just chuck 'em in at the first thing that comes to hand!
Hope this was useful!
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)

Messages In This Thread
whats good agenst what - by Dark Wolf - 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
RE: whats good agenst what - by Luke the Squig - 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM