Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats good agenst what
this is the thread that people can ask questions about what units would be good to use against other units.
how orcs beet high elves:

match ups:

Sword masters of hoeth.

everytime i have played my dad at fantasy i have allways got my black orcs on his sword masters and they soon over whelm them and with choppa and shield they get parry saves and a 6+ armour save as they have -2 to their armour because of the strength 5. i allways have a black orc warboss with them as if i give him a extra hand weapon he does another attack and usuually is garenteed to do atleast 3 wounds as the raw strength 5 cancels out there heavy armour save. plus that is one of the good things as with choppas on the first round of combat they get plus 1 to their strength which gives them a strength 5 and also makes them very nasty.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
I have found out that a unit of 20 Orc Boys are generally very good against weaker units such as Skinks for the Lizardmen, and perhaps something like the High Elf Archers for (Guess what Smile) High Elves. I have noticed that, with hand weapon and shields, that they can blitz through many weaker units. As they are already Strength 3, then if the they have the Big 'Uns upgrade, that's Strngth 4, then the Choppa ability (+1 Strength for the first combat), that's Strength 5. That will render even a Heavy Armoured foe with no save. Then, when (or if) they attack you back, you'll have a 5+ Save, then a 6+ Save (for your Parry Save). After that they are only Strength 4 (no Choppa ability), but that would still give a Light Armoured foe no save, and a Heavy Armoured foe a 6+ save, not 5+. They are dirt cheap, along with the Boss (to issue good challenges), Standard Bearer (for that extra point, or if they also have a Standard Bearer) and a Musician (in case it's a draw, or if they also have a musician), they are near enough invincible!

Black Orcs can tackle the more tricky units such as the Phoenix Guard (for High Elves) or the Miners (for the Dwarfs). If you include Grimgor Ironhide and he is your general, then you can issue Waaarghs, Give the unit Hatred, +1 weapon skill, etc. Also, then you could go after the general of your opponents's force as Grimgor could either challenge it, or just fight alongside his special unit of Da Immortulz.

Also, the Squig Hoppers can be utterly devastating, see my other post to see what I have put about them. I have 15 of 'em! Just chuck 'em in at the first thing that comes to hand!
Hope this was useful!
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
luke i actually haven't really seen grimgor in action as agenst my dad you just kept on turning to face the griffon and then with gareth you didn't accept a challenge?

anyway i think as luke said black orcs are good on pheonix and sword masters. but i allways get a unit of 20 orc big'uns with extra hand weapon as they get +1 attack for the whole combat and +1 strength for the round. even though they take lots of casualties they can soon overwhelm pheonix gaurd and they cost alot of points and it is hard to have more than 15 so with extra attaccks you can cancel out the armour savae but then half should fail the ward save which should leave atleast 3 dead pheonix gaurd which if you have a unit of 20 and they only have 10, you kill i good % but then they won't get many attacks so will probably kill your back rank of 5 but you still get all the same amount of attacks next go as you can only use the first 2 ranks but they have less as they have half your numbers. NUMBERS ALWAYS WINS WAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

hope this helps the warlords out there.
i like the sound of the squigs. nasty little chompas!

when i have fully done my warmachine army i will get some squigs.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
In most combats BO cannot stand against SM. You have got to be very lucky with Your BO to avoid carnage. Example: SM with 9 models wide and 2 deep are capable of unleashing 28 strenght 5 attaks that re-roll missed hits and go first.
My advice: use your shooting to get rid of them. 3T i 5+as is nothing even against normal bows. Magic missles do the job as well.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0