Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter Foldable base board system
Wink 
Hello,

This is my first post here so I'm sorry it's also a plug. I have a Kickstarter campaign running for a base-board system for terrain modelling.

I used it to create the board below - a 1941 North African terrain. The key thing is (and what I hope will make the KickStarter successful) is that the whole thing folds up into small, storable, stackable and easily transported boxes.

I hope you like the terrain. I had a lot of fun building it. I know the Sherman's out of place but he'll be replaced by some Matilda's and Panzer IIIs eventually.

[Image: na3031_orig.jpg]

[Image: na3032.jpg] [Image: na3033.jpg]

As I said, the whole thing folds up, there's a youtube video below of it doing its thing.

Sorry again for the plug on a first post. But one thing I would like to add is that I live just outside Redditch so if anyone was interested in backing my project on KickStarter and getting hold of a base-board you'd be amongst the first to get one.

Cheers, Jonathon.
(11-12-2016, 10:21 PM)Jonathon Wrote: Hello,

This is my first post here so I'm sorry it's also a plug. I have a Kickstarter campaign running for a base-board system for terrain modelling.

I used it to create the board below - a 1941 North African terrain. The key thing is (and what I hope will make the KickStarter successful) is that the whole thing folds up into small, storable, stackable and easily transported boxes.

I hope you like the terrain. I had a lot of fun building it. I know the Sherman's out of place but he'll be replaced by some Matilda's and Panzer IIIs eventually.

[Image: na3031_orig.jpg]

[Image: na3032.jpg] [Image: na3033.jpg]

As I said, the whole thing folds up, there's a youtube video below of it doing its thing.

Sorry again for the plug on a first post. But one thing I would like to add is that I live just outside Redditch so if anyone was interested in backing my project on KickStarter and getting hold of a base-board you'd be amongst the first to get one.

Cheers, Jonathon.

I like the idea Jonathon. Are the squares about 6" square? Are they actually folding, and therefore permanent set-up for the folding sections, or are they all separate squares with those little metal clips/hinges you see at end of vid?

The buildings look as though they are on separate bases, does this mean they are interchangeable, can be moved, etc?

Bring it down the club and let us see in the flesh...Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Hi,

In the video the squares are 180cm on-a-side but the boards can be made based on squares of any size. In the KickStarter the boards offered are based on 1' squares - but I can make them any size (within reason).

The sections are actually folding and some have permanent hinges between them. Other's have magnetic catches, the sections can be arranged in several different ways.

In the example in the video, some of the buildings are based and can be moved around and some are fixed in place.

Happy to pop over and show you in person.

Cheers.