Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Bowl league 2017 standings
To be honest with the inducements I can't see them really doing much unless a league runs for several seasons. Getting much more than a Bloodweiser Babe/Keg is not going to happen too much. Not that getting players back on the field earlier is a terrible thing. What they do do, is allow for new players to join with a fresh team, against a player with about a dozen or so skill upgrades.

As it is (I don't have access to Seb or Daves team sheets,) I have played 3 games and gone up by 70,000gp (although I have a greater GP reserve.) Playing against a new team, they wouldn't be hugely behind (particularly those bloody Dwarfs.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(08-04-2017, 06:48 PM)Russell Wrote: Count me in then!

Welcome aboard!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I got an extra team reroll against Dave from the inducements which was nice, and if you get to 150000, a wizard can be game changing if you use it at the right time to stop a late half/full-time score.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I got two extra skills from my game against Chris.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(11-03-2017, 01:25 AM)Stuart Wrote: The game between myself and Matt was a 1-1 draw. Results table updated.

Further to this...
  • Arno von Runckel broke his ribs and misses the next game.
  • Jan Piquo was killed Angel
  • Jurgen Schlinger gains 2 SPP for a pair of completed passes.
  • Ziggi Abschuss scored a touchdown for 3 SPP. Also awarded 5 SPP as MVP. Gains the Block skill.
  • 60,000 credits earned, and Fan Factor increased by 1 to 4.

Next game...
  • Heinrich Bolado returns from injury.
  • Arno von Runckel misses this game.
  • Down to 10 men, so will take on a journeyman lineman to save funds towards a blitzer.
I've chosen nerves of steel for my catchers double roll - she now ignores tackle zone penalties when catching Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Game with Chris tonight was a well deserved 3-1 victory to him.

I decided to take a journeyman lineman for the game to make up numbers rather than recruiting a new lineman, with the intention of saving up for a new blitzer.
  • Jurgen Schlinger earned 1 SPP.
  • Matthais Meier earned 2 SPP and 5 more as MVP. Earns a new G skill, or +1 MA, or +1 AV, TBD.
  • Heinrich Bolado earned 3 SPP.
  • Ritter von Baum earned 2 SPP.
  • Biff earned 2 SPP.
  • Earned 70,000 credits for the game, taking total treasury to 130,000.
  • Journeyman was fired and not recruited as a rookie.
  • Recruited a new blizter, Jurgen Steiger, taking the #10 shirt vacated by Jan Piquo, for 90,000 leaving 40,000 in the treasury.
All players return for the next game.
Thanks for the game Stu. My catcher Liriel scored 2 touchdowns and now has 22SPP,
Yriad the war dancer earned her first 3SPP for a touchdown.
Jastra got a completion and the MVP so 6SPP and gained the dodge skill.
Arwen earned 1SPP for a completion.
My fan factor went up to 4 and I earned 50000 which means I have 60,000 in the treasury.
I had two players badly hurt and Nimue was given a gouged eye so will miss next game, although my thrower will be coming back after her recovery.

TV will be 101,000 for next game.
Updated first post with results of tonight:

Chris beat Stu 3 - 1
Dave beat Luke 2 - 0
Matt beat Russell 2 - 1 ?score?
(18-04-2017, 11:05 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Updated first post with results of tonight:

Chris beat Stu 3 - 1
Dave beat Luke 2 - 0
Matt beat Russell 2 - 1 ?score?

Sad to say yes (2-1 to Matt) was an interesting clash of skills (Tackle / Dodge) but the two touchdowns were well earned.

I caused 4 casualties (2 for the newly named Fili (Troll Slayer), 1 for Dori (Blocker) and 1 for Thorin (Blitzer)

2 Extra Skills - Thorin (Blitzer) now has guard, and Fili (Troll Slayer) has Mighty Blow. No Casualties and an extra 70,000 in the bank (Saved for the rainy day fund)

New Team Value 1,040,000
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith