Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawn of War
(29-10-2011, 02:44 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: could i borrow someones dawn of war 2 to see if it works i have all the orinagal games and while i love them get bored by the base building etc want to try dow2 but not sure if comp is good enough

I think you may struggle with activation, DoW2 registers via Steam so you need your own serial key.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
Yeah, so you would need to borrow someones steam account to try it out.
(29-10-2011, 11:33 AM)GreyKnight Wrote: I have both DoW1 and 2 plus all the expansions.

I got DoW2 most recently and although I have played through and completed two of the campaigns I have to say it left me somewhat bored by the end. I found every mission to be basically exactly the same and the end of mission bosses were just plain stupid. They had no reason to be so massively more powerful than your own Marines, yet they had like 20 - 100 times the health of your Force Commander or worse. I found them very frustrating because that's just the typical "noob" method of making an enemy hard to defeat. I also found the unit options a bit dull and I didn't like the non-codex unit sizes. Three man space marine squads? Not right.

I have to say DoW1 was the better game IMHO.
Must say i disagree, i love the small unit tactical micro-management that the sequal demands, and its awesome in CO-OP imo. But each to there own i guess Tongue. dont forget last stand either, its super addictive ^^
Might as well buy it. Its very cheap.
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
Funnily enough dispute picking up an expansion to DoW2 at Games Day, I haven't toughed it in years. I got the expansion for a free t-shirt (which I could wear should I lose a few stones) but the cloth bag I got with it, is actually proving useful to store the mac in the weekend.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(29-10-2011, 04:52 PM)Nick Wrote: Yeah, so you would need to borrow someones steam account to try it out.
(29-10-2011, 11:33 AM)GreyKnight Wrote: I have both DoW1 and 2 plus all the expansions.

I got DoW2 most recently and although I have played through and completed two of the campaigns I have to say it left me somewhat bored by the end. I found every mission to be basically exactly the same and the end of mission bosses were just plain stupid. They had no reason to be so massively more powerful than your own Marines, yet they had like 20 - 100 times the health of your Force Commander or worse. I found them very frustrating because that's just the typical "noob" method of making an enemy hard to defeat. I also found the unit options a bit dull and I didn't like the non-codex unit sizes. Three man space marine squads? Not right.

I have to say DoW1 was the better game IMHO.
Must say i disagree, i love the small unit tactical micro-management that the sequal demands, and its awesome in CO-OP imo. But each to there own i guess Tongue. dont forget last stand either, its super addictive ^^

Ahh, now you see I've only played it single player, so maybe that's where the problem lies...
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
In my opinion having to control 4 units, with the huge amount of skills each one has access to, can get a bit too intense on higher difficulties. In co-op you share the units, and having 2 units each means pulling off more complex tactics and combos much easier on the hardest difficulty settings. and generally makes it more enjoyable and less frustrating i think. Plus The Last Stand is definately worth a bash, you just get one "hero" unit, selcted from a choice of 6 (7 now with the new DLC) and you and 2 team mates have to fight off huge waves of enemies in an arena, leveling up as you progress and gaining new wargear, its very addictive Tongue