Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linked Dropfleet/ Dropzone Commander Map Campaign
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am planning to run a more complex linked campaign at some point in the coming months. For this to work, players will need a Dropzone army and a Dropfleet ...er ...fleet from the same faction, to at least standard size 1500, and ideally beyond that.

I think most of us DzC players are going for Dropfleet too, so I just wanted to give you a heads up and share some exciting ideas.

I am planning to have a large world map of Shangri-La. I chose this planet as it seems nicely poised between at least three of the factions (PHR, UCM, Scourge) in both space and on the ground, and it's not too much of a stretch to imagine Shaltari coasting in to ***** things up even more. This will also give us a nice opportunity to try out some environmental rules too (storms, tornadoes, earthquakes, monsters in the jungle).

As a very loose outline, I am planning to have a "turn" in the campaign consist of a Dropfleet week (moving fleets, fighting DfC battles, gaining air superiority to affect coming ground battles, dropping reinforcements into cities), followed by a Dropzone week (resolving conflicts on the ground, control of areas of cities, establishing full control of continents, boosts to resources etc), followed by a break week.

It would also be nice if we could invest (as a club) in some jungle 10mm scale terrain. I tentatively propose that each DzC player chips in £10-£15 and we buy some to use for the campaign, and to keep for general DzC use after. This could also buy some Shangri-La DfC maps as well. This would only really work if all players agreed to chip in (not really fair to have one or two players not pay, but benefit from still having the terrain available at the club.

Hope you all think this is a good idea! I will post updates as the campaign preparation develops. I'm working on the Shangri-La map now.

Matt
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
Sounds good, happy to chip in Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah sounds good, I'm in.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Yes i'm in and can contribute to terrain.
Im also in, and willing to contribute to terrain
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

When are you planning this for?
I don't know! Probably a month or two after Dropfleet has arrived. This campaign will also take time to set up- It's going to be detailed!
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(11-09-2016, 01:01 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: It would also be nice if we could invest (as a club) in some jungle 10mm scale terrain.

Something to consider might be to pick up some sheets of cheap plastic aquarium plants - you get quite a lot for your money and they do make effective jungle terrain (I put some together for my Cutlass! desert island board).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."