Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan's Tournament Diary
Hey mate,

Great reports! Much more detailed than mine!

I need to take more pics (any pics!) - gives the reports a much more depth I feel!

Games:

I enjoyed the read, you played some very tough armies.

Game1:
Just to check, did you scout after seizing or scout at all? As Seizing is now done before scout moves.

Rob is a top player, he knows Tau (forgeworld Tau) very well, I'm not sure what you could have done without Hammerhand, vs the Tau'nar, maybe force and hope you cause a wound or two before he's stomps you to death?

Game2:
Losing a knight to pask is likely to never happen again, plus the table looked super rough for you to play on! If the Knight survives you go marching through is army IMO.

Game3:
I know what you mean about the Galadius style list, you have to be super quick to get to turn5 and slowing the game down with even more tokens.. doesn't help. If you feel you're being slow played, intentionally or not (some people are slow/precise/talkative etc), you have to approach the subject with your opponent, don't accuse them, but if you feel you are you have to say, I go with this approach: "we" need to speed up or we're not getting to turn5. Or something along those lines, I say "we" as its not so direct (IMO), I did it a few times this weekend, or start to say we have to call this at turn4 unless we speed up. Or the final thing I say is with an hour or so to go (which is about 2 normal turns each I've found) "what turn do you think we'll get to, realistically". Each time I've been met with a reasonable response. As its not a accusation, but it makes it clear that you think you're not getting the full turns in.

An Example I had this weekend: My game one on Saturday, I had turn1 and started moving models with 1.45 left to go.. (My deployment took 5-10mins) so with one hour to go, my turn 2, I said, "what turn do you think we'll get to?" we agreed to both rush to go to turn4 and call it.

Also where you getting your KDK blood tide points to summon units to the table Tongue I knew a player that didn't take KDK as primary and thought it couldn't be done?

List changes: I like it! The deathstar looks okay to me, the triple threat is a good idea imo. For the deathstar itself, is it worth, looking at something like:

Dropping the Choas Cad for a Cabal?

Cabal:
Lvl3 Sorcerer on Bike, Stave, Spell Familiar (Warlord)
Lvl3 Sorcerer on Bike, Stave, Spell Familiar

Knight Detachment
Knight Warden

Daemon Allies:
Be'lakor
11 Horrors
3 Nurgling bases *these are annoying to face & easy to hide, plus deep strike/reserve really well*

To finish the list: either of these:

Idea 1:
KDK Allied Detachment:
8 Bloodletters
AS MANY Hounds as you can (My rough pts working out us about 15?)

Idea 2:

Cypher: 190pts, gives shrouded and hit and run, plus other stuff.
KDK Gorepack:
2 units of Bikers
And as many hounds!*

* I think you need around 15 hounds to make the star durable enough, so might have to drop the Horrors?

Cypher helps when not going first, plus hit and run helps your star not get bogged down. But with more Psykers.. you have a much better chance at Hammerhand, Invisibility is pretty much the only power you need. With Be'Lakor, he can cast that on the Knight and the star with Invis as well, you have 3 Super durable, super tough units, with a couple of Shrieks as well as a enemy unit shooting its own army!!

Another different idea is that you drop Be'Lakor, and go for multiple large hound units, and split the Cabal up, this way you can force multiple enemy units to shoot at each other and can cast multiple Invis if you get it?

Messages In This Thread
Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 21-08-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 21-08-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 21-08-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Embolden - 22-08-2016, 06:58 AM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by will - 22-08-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 22-08-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by CheZZoR - 22-08-2016, 02:59 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 27-12-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 02-02-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by Agent0range - 08-02-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: Alan's Tournament Diary - by LukeR - 09-02-2017, 08:49 AM