Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasts?
I've started to listening to a 40k podcast called the overlords on my cycle ride to work, any recommendations for other wargame related podcast i could try out?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I never got on with the Overlords but I don't play 40k.

40k radio is produced by the folks at battlefoam. The Eternal Warriors (previously Dice Like Thunder) is another 40k podcast, but I am not a fan. I find slot of the 40k ones to be produced by people who tend to hog the mic and shout over people. As such they sit at the bottom of my listening pile (I have 8 40k radios to get to and Overlords was in to the 20's before I unsubscribed.)

Guts and Gears, Dragon Storm and Boosted Damage are my Warmahordes choices. Think Focus and Fury, but they took a hiatus leading upto Wrath and as such never worked into my playlist.

My choice for Fantasy are Heelan Hammer, Bad Dice and Garage Hammer with the latter running over 3hours normally. The first Fantasy podcast was Podhammer but they went off track playing Flames of War, and Warmahordes, took two months off, but seem to be back on topic. Other casts in this field are Waaaghcast, Brohammer and Canhammer. The Blacksun Cast is by the Black Sun gaming club and I hear good things about them, but havn't the time to listen. Others I have come across are Pointhammered and West Coast Hammer, but they are not often listened too.

Malifaux have one podcast called the Aethervox. It's style is different but I love it. They often have an hour long interview with a prominent player with a particular master, going through tactics. Then later they will release a bonus episode which is just that interview uncut, for more advice. Fledgling cast, and the release schedule is sporadic but sits top of my to listen to que whenever they release a show.

Finally there is the randoms. D6 Generation cover all sorts of role play, board games and Wargames. Not my personal favourite show but very popular on the net. Next comes Worlds End Radio, who started as a fantasy cast but have branched out to other systems. The guys on the show are massively into Bloodbowl. Finally the Dave and Christopher at Garage Hammer have started to produce Garage Gamer, which will focus on other game systems, so their main show will stay fantasy only.

Well those are what I have come across. Who would have guessed I spend 4 hours a day at work with my iPod on?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lots of depth and detail in that answer, good stuff! Will have to check some of them out and see how i get on with them.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-07-2011, 10:29 PM)manrogue Wrote: I've started to listening to a 40k podcast called the overlords on my cycle ride to work, any recommendations for other wargame related podcast i could try out?

http://40kintheuk.wordpress.com/episodes/

Which is for the more competitive gamer, I've recently found the world of postcasts, and this seems to be my favourite, but the 11th company is a longer standing one which is almost as good.