Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Good X-Wing video battle reports?
Hi people!

just wondering if anyone has come across any good X-Wing battle reports in their time?
I've been looking for ideas and many of the ones i have found already are not of very good quality, or of a very simple format being no more then a full video of the whole game from start to finish without edits!

Anyway, I'm going to keep looking but would love if anyone knows of some good ones already! Big Grin
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(03-05-2016, 05:31 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: Hi people!

just wondering if anyone has come across any good X-Wing battle reports in their time?
I've been looking for ideas and many of the ones i have found already are not of very good quality, or of a very simple format being no more then a full video of the whole game from start to finish without edits!

Anyway, I'm going to keep looking but would love if anyone knows of some good ones already! Big Grin

Have you tried Spikybits?
For the Angelic Horde!
Miniwargaming do some x wing battle reports. That's all I've seen.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/show/Combat-Maneuvers
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Spikeybitz seemed better then most of the ones I have seen so far, much more snappy then the other ones I have seen.

The only problem is they cut out the moves and actions, and I did find I lost track of how they got from place to place and which moves they used for their actions, which is the main challenge in the game to learn Tongue

I'm thinking maybe if I had a Camera set perpendicular above the board and then used that footage to recreate the game move for move with better shots it would be more interesting Tongue

I'll check out combat manouvers tonight, thanks Will!
I am a tad confused. Your not after a full video without edits, but when it's edited you don't know what's going on? Please help.

Oh there will be coverage somewhere (I have no idea,) of World Championships and such like, as some friends watch them regular. I would ask, but I currently have no idea which countries they are in.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Its a reasonable middle ground ground I'm looking for, that while not showing every single unedited second of a game, does not just have shots taken from the end of each turn being talked over.

Wargamer Girl does a series of Warmachine Batreps which hit this middle quite well, Its fully play by play editting out of the uninteresting parts. It helps the video stay engaging, when not much is happening, but also keeps it understandable when a lot of stuff happens all at once!

Even so, I think I'm getting some ideas on things to do and what not to do from the ones I have seen Smile
I'm going to keep looking for more as well Smile
Oh I got around to watching Combat Maneuvers and they are very good.

A good amount of editing to keep the time down, but still clear and descriptive enough that you know exactly what is happening. Also they have some audience interacting going on too which is good, asking what other people would do in the same situation.

Overall, impressed, it's both casual fun, and professional in parts and works well. Lots of good points there!
Thanks will!
Having watched more of the Combat Maneuvers video, and now I know more about the game, I'm amazed just how much stuff they get wrong! It's actually kinda fun to go though the comments and see how much people are picking up on Tongue

I mean everyone gets things wrong, and so do all the other battle reports, but Combat Maneuvers really changes things up Tongue