Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about this list (Cally 2016)?
Thanks guys, if I can remove invisibility off a death star with it even once that'd be cool.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks good (lethal) Chris! I hate grav guns....

The Culexus seems a solid choice to me too...
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Sorry, another similar looking list, but this is what I'm thinking now (really need to get some play testing in!):

Dark Angels (1850)

Dark Angels Ravenwing Strike Force (1405)
Librarian – lvl2, bike, force axe [110] -Warlord-
Ravenwing Command Squad – 5 black knights incl. apothecary [230]
Ravenwing Black knights – 5 black knights [200]
Ravenwing attack bike squad – 3 attack bikes with multi-meltas [165]
Ravenwing bike squad – 2 grav guns, combi-grav [115]
Darkshroud [80]
3 Ravenwing Landspeeders – tml and hb [225]

Brazen Claws Allied Detachment (305)
Librarian – force staff, auspex [70]
Command Squad - Drop Pod, 4 meltaguns, apothecary [180]
5 Scouts [55]

Officio Assassinorium Dataslate (140)
Culexus Assassin [140]

So basically moved more stuff into the strike force. Rest of the force just needs to not get tabled turn 1. Or I deploy everything depending on mission/opponent. Brazen Claw allies have iron hands chapter tactics, mainly for 4+FNP for command squad, who will hopefully cause some damage to a high priority target when they come in and then survive the next turn (this is perhaps doubtful...)

Can literally put nothing on the table when I deploy, followed by infiltrators and then the drop pod turn 1, so I really want to go second with this. Will have to be very careful where I put the scouts and culexus.

Will see how it does. Tempted to drop the land speeders for a callidus assassin (!) and some bikes with flamers or another scout squad
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I would be tempted to put a Pod in as a Fast Attack choice for the Brazen Claws (Just to check, no FW rules at Cally Rev), that way you can infiltrate, deploy or pod the Assassin.

Its a nightmare for most Psychic Deathstars

Good idea Rob, thanks. Just to check, is this allowed as I know there has been some talk with the faqs on facebook about not allowing battle brother allies to use their allies transports - are we still going to be able to do this at Cally?
The ETC FAQ is in force at cally, so ignore the (Silly - but shouldn't knock them because they're actually trying to support its game.....) GW FAQ for now, they are updating the ETC FAQ at the moment, so watch this space and I'm sure Tim will update the page with any news if/when there is any.

If I hear anything on the grape vine I will post up Smile

If not, a Bunker with Escape Hatch is always a shout and equally annoying to deal with! But you'd need a CAD/Formation that allows Fortifications somewhere

Awesome, thanks mate!
Another refinement to the list. Both librarians have gone, replaced with interrogator chaplain and a Techmarine on bikes. More survivable, better in combat and not sure I will miss the psychic powers, I struggle to get much use out of them.

The command squad and scouts from the allied detachment have been swapped with a simple tac squad to pay for the characters and the extra drop pod. Also moved the Darkshroud and the land speeders into the Ravenwing support squadron. Will see if I like the difference - there are benefits (fire over watch and strafing run) but also means they do not come on with the strike force automatically.

Can now bring the culexus down turn 1 or hold him back for turn 2/3 depending on what the opponent does. Plus one drop pod is objective secured. Characters will join the Ravenwing command squad.

Any thoughts on the changes?

Dark Angels (1850)

Dark Angels Ravenwing Strike Force (1160)
Interrogator Chaplain - bike, mace of redemption, melta bombs [165] -Warlord-
Ravenwing Black knights – 5 black knights, melta bombs [205]

Ravenwing support squadron (305)
Darkshroud [80]

Brazen Claws Allied Detachment (245)
Techmarine, bike, auspex [90]
Tactical Squad, Drop Pod, grav gun [120]
Drop Pod [35]

Culexus Assassin [140]
Ok thinking about this for the final list:

Dark Angels (1850)

Dark Angels Ravenwing Strike Force (1155)
Interrogator Chaplain - bike, mace of redemption, mb [165] -Warlord-
Ravenwing Black knights – 5 black knights [200]
Ravenwing bike squad – 2 grav guns [105]

Ravenwing support squadron (305)
Darkshroud [80]

Brazen Claws Allied Detachment (260)
Captain, bike, artificer armour, storm shield, power fist [170]
Scout squad [55]

Drop Pod [35]

Culexus Assassin [140]

Dropped a combi grav from a bike squad to pay for the changes in bold.

Tech marine is now a captain to tank wounds in the command squad.
Although its ETC faq @ cally, these could be important going forward:
https://www.facebook.com/157568247608571...=3&theater