Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6mm and FoW army lists
For reference..

Using the FoW army lists I've been working to a points level of 5000 for 6mm, and between 1500 and 1800 for 15mm.

As the FoW rules were designed for 15mm, I just convert inches to centimetres when playing with 6mm.

The only slight problem would be the artillery template, which was designed for 15mm. But it's easy enough to scale it down.
(20-07-2011, 01:54 PM)Simon Wrote: For reference..

Using the FoW army lists I've been working to a points level of 5000 for 6mm, and between 1500 and 1800 for 15mm.

As the FoW rules were designed for 15mm, I just convert inches to centimetres when playing with 6mm.

The only slight problem would be the artillery template, which was designed for 15mm. But it's easy enough to scale it down.
Thanks again for the lift last night. First game Ive had in about 15 years!! Would like to do 10th SS Panzer division next, and upgrade my guards division. For 5000 pts, can this come from 2 lists, ie Irish and Welsh Guards?

Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Historically, you'd have either the welsh or irish guards with either of them being supported by elements of the household cavalry. Within the FoW army lists this equates to:

Elements of 5th Guards Tank Brigade
Irish Guards Armoured Sqn
and/or support from
2nd Household Cavalry Sqn

or

Elements of 6th Guards Tank Brigade
Welsh Guards Armoured Recce Sqn
and/or
Welsh Guards Rifle Coy
and/or support from

You could mix Irish and Welsh guards as part of 32nd Guards Brigade but this was an infantry brigade.

Steve, if you want to sort out your guards, I'll start work on a Falschirmjagerkompanie (with plenty of SS support units).

(23-07-2011, 11:39 PM)Simon Wrote: Historically, you'd have either the welsh or irish guards with either of them being supported by elements of the household cavalry. Within the FoW army lists this equates to:

Elements of 5th Guards Tank Brigade
Irish Guards Armoured Sqn
and/or support from

or

Elements of 6th Guards Tank Brigade
Welsh Guards Armoured Recce Sqn
and/or
Welsh Guards Rifle Coy
and/or support from

You could mix Irish and Welsh guards as part of 32nd Guards Brigade but this was an infantry brigade.

Steve, if you want to sort out your guards, I'll start work on a Falschirmjagerkompanie (with plenty of SS support units).
Going to need plenty of sextons !!

6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
can you get 15mm FoW???
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
FoW is predominantly 15mm.

If u want a go let me know, I'll swing out the late armies I have.

Nothing painted yet, but I'll be back onto it after jan 29th.

Si
(11-12-2011, 07:55 PM)Simon Wrote: FoW is predominantly 15mm.

If u want a go let me know, I'll swing out the late armies I have.

Nothing painted yet, but I'll be back onto it after jan 29th.

Si
do the figures of infantry start of singular?

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Yes, then u put them on bases. Number of figures to a base depends on the section type. Most common, is 3 for a command unit, 4 or 5 for the rifle/mg teams, and 2 for special units like Mortars or AT weapons.

Si
I'm near completion on forces for a Rapid fire Operation Market garden scenario in 6mm. This first scenario is just XXX corps moving from Joes bridge to the village of Valkswaard. Looking for other players to see how this plays. British forces are Irish guards, Welsh guards, Household cavalry and 2 battalions of the 50th Northumbrian div. Germans have some Falshirmjager elements, and Luftwaffe ground elements. eventually i want to refight the entire campaign. Next fight would be for the bridge at Eindhoven, with the US 101st airborne, holding the bridge and approaches until XXX corps get there. When depends on how they did in the first game !! anyone interested?
Malifaux - Gremlins
sounds interesting,might be worth a go Smile
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)