Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lukes Cally List - Ideas & Suggestions
So, after having enough of playing the Good Guys for a while, I'm shifting my Allegiance to the Dark Gods of Chaos.

Player: Luke Ricketts

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: [1689]

Type of Alliance: Battle Brothers

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Codex Chaos Space Marines [452]

HQ1: Sorcerer (60) Mastery Level 3 (50) Spell Familiar (15) Force Sword (0) [125]
HQ2: Sorcerer (60) Mastery Level 3 (50) Spell Familiar (15) Force Sword (0) [125]
Troop 1: Chaos Space Marines (75) 2 additional Marines (26) [101]
Troop 2: Chaos Space Marines (75) 2 additional Marines (26) [101]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT : CULT OF SLAUGHTER: Crimson Slaughter Supplement [387]
HQ1: Dark Apostle (105) VOTLW (0) [105]
Troop1: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]
Troop2: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]
Troop3: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]

TERTIARY DETACHEMENT: RENEGADE KNIGHT DETACHMENT: Renegade Knights Supplement [850]

LOW 1: Renegade Knight (325) Rapid Fire Battle Cannon (50) Reaper Chainsword (0) [375]
LOW 2: Renegade Knight (325) Gatling Cannon (60) Gatling Cannon (60) Storm Spear Rocket Pod (30) [475]

This is my slightly adjusted version of the basic list idea me and Sam were discussing on the way back from Stockport. I've adjusted the unit numbers to represent the armies theme of Nurgle allegiance.

The Knights are both; a big threatening target hopefully distracting the enemy and also taking out Key targets and threatening things.

The Sorcerers will sit embedded in the Chaos Squads in the midfield, hopefully maxing out the 3 Conjuration limit each turn. Though it's a Nurgle themed army, I'll be using a mix of Demons.

The Cultist Formation is there as a big meatshield. As far as I'm aware (haven't got a copy of the supplement yet), the cultists regenerate D6 Cultists each of the players Phase, and get to use the Dark Apostles LD10 so long as they are 10" away. The plan is to either force the opponent to using 1-2 worth of shooting, meaning I might be able to get a Greater Daemon or two up, or if the opponent ignores them, march them into the mass, or in the case of a Death Star, tie them up if possible.

I still have 161 Points left. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Options I'm currently considering are;

Allied Daemons - Herald of Tzeentch and 10 Pink HorrorsWink
2 x Obliterators Smile
HeldrakeBig Grin
Rhinos for the CSM squads Confused

Messages In This Thread
Lukes Cally List - Ideas & Suggestions - by LukeR - 11-04-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Lukes Cally List - Ideas & Suggestions - by LukeR - 25-07-2016, 07:16 PM