Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lukes Cally List - Ideas & Suggestions
Seeing as I've never been in a tournament before, my list could probably use some improvement, but here goes the first draft.

HQ
First Prime Ryac – Captain with Bike, Artificer Armour, Storm Shield & Relic Blade – 170 Points
Librarian Rak’nor – Librarian – 65 Points

Elites
Sternguard Squad Melac – Sergeant Melac with Combi-Plasma, 2 Veterans with Combi-Plasma, 2 Veterans with Bolters
Mounted in Razorback with Lascannon & Twin-Linked Plasma Gun – 230 Points

Troops
Tactical Squad Res’tet – Sergeant Res’tet with Combi Grav, 1 Marine with Grav Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Mounted in Rhino – 235 Points
Tactical Squad Shesh – Sergeant Shesh with Combi Plasma, 1 Marine with Plasma Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Tactical Squad Keka – Sergeant Keka with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, 1 Marine with Flamer, 1 Marine with Missile Launcher, 7 Marines with Bolters
Mounted in Rhino – 195 Points
Bike Squad Mak’nor – Sergeant Mak’nor, 2 Bikers with Grav Guns, 2 Bikers – 135 Points
Bike Squad R’zel – Sergeant R’zel with Melta Bombs, 2 Bikers with Melta Guns, 2 Bikers – 130 Points

Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron – 3 Attack Bikes with Heavy Bolters – 120 Points
Death Glider Squadron – 3 Land Speeders with Heavy Bolters & Assault Cannons – 195 Points

Heavy Support
Fist of Cronus – Predator with Twin Linked Lascannon & Lascannon Sponsons – 140 Points
1850 Points

I was going for a Hammer & Anvil approach of sorts. The 3 Tactical Squads, with the Sternguard and the Predator in Support forming the main battle line, with enough Grav/Plasma to hopefully keep the MCs at bay.

The Bikes travel together, using the Melta's to Pop tanks and the Grav to hit at other support units with high toughness.

The Attack bikes and Land Speeders can help where needed.

Currently I have no Anti-Air, but could potentially drop the Librarian for a Stalker. As I have no real experience in a competetive meta, feedback is very welcomeBig Grin
Hey Luke, I like your list, very similar to the Gladius I was running.

Is it worth considering turning this into a Gladius, you have the basic marine bodies and you'll get more value with free transports.

So after playtesting a little, this is what I've come up with as a revised list, keeping very much in mind what I have painted and what I feel I can feasibly paint in about a month!

HQ
First Prime Ryac – Chapter Master with Bike, Artificer Armour, Shield Eternal & Relic Blade – 245 Points
Librarian Rak’nor – Librarian with Bike, Mastery Level 2 – 110 Points

Troops
Tactical Squad Res’tet – Sergeant Res’tet with Combi Grav, 1 Marine with Grav Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Tactical Squad Shesh – Sergeant Shesh with Combi Plasma, 1 Marine with Plasma Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Tactical Squad Keka – Sergeant Keka with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, 1 Marine with Flamer, 1 Marine with Missile Launcher, 7 Marines with Bolters
Mounted in Rhino – 195 Points
Bike Squad Mak’nor – Sergeant Mak’nor, 2 Bikers with Grav Guns, 2 Bikers – 135 Points
Bike Squad R’zel – Sergeant R’zel, 2 Bikers with Grav Guns, 2 Bikers – 135 Points
Bike Squad Herur – Sergeant Herur, 2 Bikers with Grav Guns, 2 Bikers – 135 Points

Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron – 3 Attack Bikes with Multi Meltas – 150 Points
Stormtalon Gunship – Stormtalon with Twin-Lascannons – 125 Points

1850 Points

The Chapter Master and Librarian join on of the bikes units, the Chapter Master out front to take hits with the Shield. Should be reasonable in combat as well, depending on what discipline I go with.

Attack Bikes for Anti-Tank, More Grav Bikers for all the monstrous creatures I expect to be seeing Wink

The Tac Marines are there to be able to claim objectives, as well as general support. I'd like to Combat Sqaud them pre game, deploy them all in the Rhinos, then move up and drop squads around on the objectives. I'd apprciete thoughts on this, when I used to play combat squadding wasn't a thing and I've never done it before so have no idea on the best way to do it??

StormTalon there for Anti-Air.

I'll probably need to replace the Combi-Plas Sergeant is he'e equipped with a Power Fist as well which kind of breaks WYSIWYG. If I do, I'll either through a couple of Melta Bombs on Sergeants, or give the Missile Launcher Flakk to allow it to camp the squad on an objective potentially irritating enemy flyers.
Melta bombs will be better than flak missiles. Otherwise looks good, bucketload of grav, lots of obj secured bodies and good anti tank/mc.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
So, I picked the Angels of Death Codex Supplement at the weekend, and came up with this.

Hunting Force (Angels of Death)
Captain with Bike, Artificer Armour, Shield Eternal & Relic Blade – 205 Points
Bike Squad – Sergeant, 2 Bikers with Grav Guns, 2 Bikers – 135 Points

Scout Bike Squad – Sergeant, 2 Scout Bikers – 54 Points

CAD Detachment – White Scars
Librarian with Bike, Mastery Level 2 – 110 Points

Tactical Squad – Sergeant with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, 1 Marine with Grav Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Mounted in Rhino – 225 Points
Tactical Squad – Sergeant with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, 1 Marine with Plasma Gun, 1 Marine with Grav Cannon, 7 Marines with Bolters.
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, 1 Marine with Missile Launcher, 8 Marines with Bolters
Mounted in Rhino – 190 Points

Stormtalon Gunship - Stormtalon with Twin-Lascannons – 125 Points

1849 Points

It's exactly the same list, with the CM downgraded to a Captain, Combi Weapons Removed from the Tacs and 3 Scout Bikes Added.

The bonuses of the Hunting Force formation are pretty good. You get to designate a primary, secondary and a tertiary target. The primary has to be a HQ, the others can be whatever. In return you get to re-roll and failed to hit and to wound/penetrate rolls against your current target. You also get to make two hammer of wrath hits provided their are 5 models in the unit.

Plan would depend on the opponent, but the idea would be to target the softer HQ (if there is one) and designate scary things (Knights/Wraithknights/Riptides) that are easily killable as the other targets.

I've still got all the Tacs with ObSec, so combat squadded that's 6 Units.

So a couple of questions for the more experienced players Wink
So, A is this Legal? And could I make the captain
B, will it be effective, or are the majority of people unlikely to field a secondary HQ choice that will be (relatively easy to kill)
C, will it be more effective than the previous list?
Think it's definitely worth it. You get a very nice bonus for very little cost.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
So after testing the other day against my brother, I've determined that I will go with the Hunting Force and 1 CAD detachment. I just need to be more careful with the Scout Bikes (obilterated T1 by Ork Shooting!) so I don't easily give away First Blood.

Can someone who's been before let me know if I've got the formatting right? I'd rather not go 5 Points down before I even start. Wink

Player: Luke Ricketts

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: [1849]

Type of Alliance: Battle Brothers

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: HUNTING FORCE: Angels of Death Codex Supplement, White Scars Chapter Tactics [969]

HQ1: Captain (90) Relic Blade (25) Bike (20) Artificer Armour (20) ‘Shield Eternal’ (50) [205] (Warlord)

FA1: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA2: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA3: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA4: Scout Bike Squad (54) Astartes Grenade Launcher (5) [59]
FA5: Attack Bike Squad (40) 2 additional Attack Bikes (80) 3 Multi-Meltas (30) [150]
FA6: Attack Bike Squad (40) 2 additional Attack Bikes (80) 3 Multi-Meltas (30) [150]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT : COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Codex Adeptus Astartes, White Scars Chapter Tactics (880)

HQ1: Librarian (65) Bike (20) Mastery Level 2 (25) Force Sword (0) [110]

Troop 1: Tactical Squad (70) 5 additional Marines (70) Flamer (5) Missile Launcher (15) Chainsword (0) Transport1 [160]
Troop2: Tactical Squad (70) 5 additional Marines (70) Plasma Gun (15) Grav Cannon and Grav Amp (35) Chainsword (0) Transport2 [190]
Troop3: Tactical Squad (70) 5 additional Marines (70) Grav Gun (15) Grav Cannon and Grav Amp (35) Chainsword (0) Transport3 [190]
FA1: Stormtalon Gunship (110) Twin Linked Lascannon (15) [125]
Transport1: Rhino (35) Dedicated transport for Troop1 [35]
Transport2: Rhino (35) Dedicated transport for Troop2 [35]
Transport3: Rhino (35) Dedicated transport for Troop3 [35]
looks like the right format to me.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Yeah looks fine to me as well. Can't see any mistakes.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Yeah bang on Luke!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.