Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
Sorry about the genestealers format, I didn't check how battlescribe layed out the units.

Cookie101 ' Wrote: you better find a good way to get it set-up and play with it though, remember we have 3 hours to set-up and play each game.

how will the list handle tanks, I don't see a lot of high strength weapons and I don't know nids enough to be ale to guess the combat potential, though I guess gene stealers still have rending.

Weirdly I think this list will be quicker to play than my previous list as it has less units (and no returning units, at least in this incarnation) so their is less to sort with keeping units correct and less book keeping. Managed to get to the natural game end for every game last year except the last one and that got to turn five. Will have to play and see. Might have to invest in a chess clock to time my turns see how long it really takes me to finish a turn Tongue

The genestealers and warriors are the only real anti tank in this list. The stealers should rip through anything armour 12 or less in short order armour 13 could be a problem but they statistically should kill an imperial knight in 3 rounds of close combat so I'm not too worried. This could change up on play testing though as the genesteallers could all die before they can do anything Sad . Armour 14 I will just have to ignore which is my standard tyranid tactic for really heavy-duty armoured vehicles. I could always squeeze in a Carnifex or some zoanthropes if the geneies are not enough.

(10-04-2016, 09:42 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: The issue with psychic shriek is that in this list he'd be using his Hive Tyrants LD not the individual models as it has a Synapse range of 24" or something.

Unfortunately synapse doesn't work like that I'm only fearless inside of synapse don't get to use my synapse creatures Ld for tests. Genestealers are semi safe with Ld 10 though just the little guys that could be in trouble. So scream is something I will need to watch out for (not that its ever worked out for me I can never roll more than a seven on the 3d6).

Feed back is much appreciated, I'm actually hoping this works as the alternative is to go down the route of flying hive tyrants and that just doesn't seem like tryanids at all, plus I can't see anyone wanting to play against five flying hive tyrants enough for me to get good enough with them either.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own - by will - 10-04-2016, 11:06 PM