Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
Thinking of slipping a sporefield formation into my list. It's three units of spore mines and three units of mucolid spores, that can infiltrate, and they come back on a 4+ if destroyed or when they blow themselves up, and they can deep strike when they come back. The nice thing is according the FAQ's if an opponent kills a spore unit they get first blood but don't get any VP's for it so I can take first blood out of the equation if my opponent falls for it. Oh and mucolid spores can assault flyers so gives me some AA.
Anyone got any experience of this formation?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Okay so I've been reconsidering my army ideas and have accepted I may have to go down the flyrant route Sad I've been doing okay using endless swarm, hive node and living artillery node, but am feeling that I may have to up my game. So I think I may have to try this at least once. I just have to source two more flyrants from somewhere and build some more spores (I've got one that I've built using air dry clay). Its Six flyrants, some venomthropes for turn one shrouding, zoanthropes for objective holding and a big brood of termagaunts for keeping drop pods away turn one. And 16 warp charges for invisibility denying. I've not really run a list like this before so have no idea if I am missing anything important to keep it alive... so any advice appreciated.

Quote:+++ How I learned to love the flyrant (1850pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (750pts) ++

+ HQ (480pts) +

Hive Tyrant (240pts) [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

Hive Tyrant (240pts) [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Elites (135pts) +

Venomthrope Brood (135pts) [3x Venomthrope]

+ Troops (135pts) +

Mucolid Spore Cluster (15pts) [Mucolid Spore]

Termagant Brood (120pts) [30x Fleshborer Termagant]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (610pts) ++

+ HQ (480pts) +

+ Elites (100pts) +

Zoanthrope Brood (50pts) [Zoanthrope]

Zoanthrope Brood (50pts) [Zoanthrope]

+ Troops (30pts) +

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (490pts) ++

+ HQ (460pts) +

Hive Tyrant (230pts) [Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

Hive Tyrant (230pts) [Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Troops (30pts) +

Created with BattleScribe
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Love it!!

Nasty. I've heard that the new faqs mean that psychic powers with no profile will auto hit, so the flyrants need to be careful of going too near enemy psykers?

I played a flyrants list once and he had drop podding termagant so with devourers. They were nasty on the drop but the weak part of the list to kill.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Sell out.

. . . Right then, best I go order some Wraithknights and Scatter-bikes....
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
So I've rethought my list/combined several ideas together and now have something I'm happy with. Not flyrant spam (figure that's too one dimensional and won't be much fun to play) but it has a couple of flyrants in it to support my endless swarm. This is the list I used against Sam last Tuesday, and it did nicely. Mostly about scoring maelstrom points but the flyrants add enough firepower that I can actually kill things!
I'm mostly putting this here so if I forget my kindle I can access my list and also so Chris can see what he will be facing Tuesday mwhahaha

The tyrant on foot will be the warlord so the flyrants can take some risks. Rippers in reserve for late game DS objective stealing and everything else on the board for board control through numbers. Not sure about regeneration on the ground tyrant it gives him "it will not die" but on a 4+ which is nice and gives me the option for some wound allocation shenginans but it's 30pts and could be used for other things such as giving him and his guard fleet and furious charge or giving the warriors some upgrades so they can hold their own in a fight... apart from that question mark think I'm happy with the army list.

Quote:+++ THE SWARM! (1850pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (1280pts) ++

+ Formation (1280pts) +

Tyrant Node (580pts)

··Tyrant Guard Brood
····Tyrant Guard [Crushing Claws]
··Hive Tyrant [Regeneration, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, The Norn Crown]
··Venomthrope Brood [3x Venomthrope]

Endless Swarm (700pts)

··Hormagaunt Brood
····19x Hormagaunt [19x Adrenal Glands]
··Hormagaunt Brood
····19x Hormagaunt [19x Adrenal Glands]
··Hormagaunt Brood
····20x Hormagaunt [20x Adrenal Glands]
··Termagant Brood [10x Fleshborer Termagant]
····4x Devourer Termagant [4x Devourer]
··Termagant Brood [10x Fleshborer Termagant]
····4x Devourer Termagant [4x Devourer]
··Termagant Brood [15x Fleshborer Termagant]
··Tyranid Warrior Brood
····Tyranid Warrior [Devourer, Scything Talons]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (570pts) ++

+ HQ (480pts) +

+ Troops (90pts) +

Ripper Swarm Brood (45pts)
··3x Ripper Swarm [3x Deep Strike]

Ripper Swarm Brood (45pts)
··3x Ripper Swarm [3x Deep Strike]

Created with BattleScribe

Wow!

As swarms I thought the rippers couldn't contest objectives, or is that just 6th edition? Also, do the tyranid Warriors reappear if killed as they are part of the endless swarm?

Looking forward to the game, no idea how I am going to beat your list tbh, not sure I have enough firepower!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(16-06-2016, 09:30 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Wow!

As swarms I thought the rippers couldn't contest objectives, or is that just 6th edition? Also, do the tyranid Warriors reappear if killed as they are part of the endless swarm?

Looking forward to the game, no idea how I am going to beat your list tbh, not sure I have enough firepower!

That's old edition, swarms can now contest objectives and as they are troops in a combined arms detachment they have objective secured Smile

Warriors don't come back unfortunately. In this version they just hide at the back and hope no one picks on them. Previous versions had them leading the charge with a larger squad and some nice upgrades. But I ran out of points. Haha

If you can kill my synapse I'm in trouble. That may require killing the flyrants which could be a problem though.

Yeah, I'm gonna struggle against flying monstrous creatures. Twin-linked might help a bit but I am probably going to kill more black knights myself if I shoot at them. And I'll probably be mired in gaunts by then! Should be a great game!