Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
So as everyone seems to be making list threads for their tournament lists I thought I would have a go. I'm pretty sure that I could improve my list from last year very easily by dropping the mawlock and Lictors and replacing them with a second flyrant. However that's boring who wants to use what will defiantly work when you can experiment. Haha

Therefore for your delictation I present my "Tide of flesh" tyranid list:

Quote:+++ Tide of flesh (1850pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1420pts) ++

+ HQ (145pts) +

Tyranid Prime (145pts) [Lashwhip & Boneswords, Scything Talons]

+ Elites (45pts) +

Venomthrope Brood (45pts) [Venomthrope]

+ Troops (1150pts) +

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [20x Genestealer]

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [20x Genestealer]

Hormagaunt Brood (150pts) [30x Hormagaunt]

Hormagaunt Brood (140pts) [28x Hormagaunt]

Termagant Brood (120pts) [30x Fleshborer Termagant]

Tyranid Warrior Brood (180pts)
··Tyranid Warrior [Devourer, Scything Talons]

+ Heavy Support (80pts) +

Biovore Brood (40pts) [Biovore]

Biovore Brood (40pts) [Biovore]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (430pts) ++

+ Formation (430pts) +

Tyrant Node (430pts)
··Hive Tyrant [Regeneration, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, The Norn Crown]
··Tyrant Guard Brood
····Tyrant Guard [Scything Talons]
··Venomthrope Brood [Venomthrope]

Created with BattleScribe

That's 143 models, a meagre 45 more than last year but their is no bookkeeping from the endless swarm to worry about (yay). It's effectively a killpoint and first blood denial list as with clever deployment nothing in this army can be alpha striked off. The tyrant node gives my hive tyrant a 18" synapse and the norn crow adds another 6" so the hive tyrant is literally the lynch pin to the army as he alone can provide synapse to everything and with such long range synapse he can hide at the back for the board and do it.

The plan as I see it would be to simply cover half the board in shrouded fearless models score lots of maelstrom and eternal war points and give away only a small amount of kill points. It's not a brilliant plan and I need to play test to see what works. This list dropped out of me doing a check of what models I have and after putting the troops on the table wondering how many points that would be, hence the not very concrete strategy. Big Grin

Things I am not sure about; the warriors, I could have a dakka flyrant instead of the warriors and prime; The genestealers, two units of twenty could be a bit overkill will need to play test and see what works and doesn't work.

What do you guys think? And does anyone think I will be able to finish a game with this list?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

No.

Just No Will. Rolleyes
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Like it Smile just move handfuls of models at a time. And have big hands.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(10-04-2016, 09:50 AM)will Wrote: Genestealer Brood (280pts) [Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer]

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer]

please make that readable, that's horrible to look at.

as for the list itself, its looks scary, that's a lot of models to kill, best way I can see to kill that with my list is to physic shriek my way though your units, as that power uses the target units leadership.

you better find a good way to get it set-up and play with it though, remember we have 3 hours to set-up and play each game.

how will the list handle tanks, I don't see a lot of high strength weapons and I don't know nids enough to be ale to guess the combat potential, though I guess gene stealers still have rending.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Needs more figures.

Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(10-04-2016, 06:33 PM)Cookie101 Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 09:50 AM)will Wrote: Genestealer Brood (280pts) [Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer]

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer, Genestealer]

please make that readable, that's horrible to look at.

as for the list itself, its looks scary, that's a lot of models to kill, best way I can see to kill that with my list is to physic shriek my way though your units, as that power uses the target units leadership.

I took the liberty of editing it as it was making my eyes bleed too!

The issue with psychic shriek is that in this list he'd be using his Hive Tyrants LD not the individual models as it has a Synapse range of 24" or something.

(10-04-2016, 07:25 PM)Stuart Wrote: Needs more figures.

Wink

Rolleyes
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Sorry about the genestealers format, I didn't check how battlescribe layed out the units.

Cookie101 ' Wrote: you better find a good way to get it set-up and play with it though, remember we have 3 hours to set-up and play each game.

how will the list handle tanks, I don't see a lot of high strength weapons and I don't know nids enough to be ale to guess the combat potential, though I guess gene stealers still have rending.

Weirdly I think this list will be quicker to play than my previous list as it has less units (and no returning units, at least in this incarnation) so their is less to sort with keeping units correct and less book keeping. Managed to get to the natural game end for every game last year except the last one and that got to turn five. Will have to play and see. Might have to invest in a chess clock to time my turns see how long it really takes me to finish a turn Tongue

The genestealers and warriors are the only real anti tank in this list. The stealers should rip through anything armour 12 or less in short order armour 13 could be a problem but they statistically should kill an imperial knight in 3 rounds of close combat so I'm not too worried. This could change up on play testing though as the genesteallers could all die before they can do anything Sad . Armour 14 I will just have to ignore which is my standard tyranid tactic for really heavy-duty armoured vehicles. I could always squeeze in a Carnifex or some zoanthropes if the geneies are not enough.

(10-04-2016, 09:42 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: The issue with psychic shriek is that in this list he'd be using his Hive Tyrants LD not the individual models as it has a Synapse range of 24" or something.

Unfortunately synapse doesn't work like that I'm only fearless inside of synapse don't get to use my synapse creatures Ld for tests. Genestealers are semi safe with Ld 10 though just the little guys that could be in trouble. So scream is something I will need to watch out for (not that its ever worked out for me I can never roll more than a seven on the 3d6).

Feed back is much appreciated, I'm actually hoping this works as the alternative is to go down the route of flying hive tyrants and that just doesn't seem like tryanids at all, plus I can't see anyone wanting to play against five flying hive tyrants enough for me to get good enough with them either.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I played a flying tyranid list last year and he won but it wasn't the most fun game ever. Also although I did little damage to him, he did little actual damage to my necrons as well, just he had greater speed so won with that. Can't remember the mission. I would definitely go with what you like, it really sucks taking something uber but not fun and then still losing...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Flyrants are pretty boss, in the past few years when facing Nids, all I've faced is Flyrants. So everyone will have a plan!

Did you catch people out using the horde before? I do love it! But time could be an issue if you're not super quick.

A balanced approach could work? Endless horde and a couple of Flyrants?

(12-04-2016, 07:53 AM)Embolden Wrote: Flyrants are pretty boss, in the past few years when facing Nids, all I've faced is Flyrants. So everyone will have a plan!

Did you catch people out using the horde before? I do love it! But time could be an issue if you're not super quick.

A balanced approach could work? Endless horde and a couple of Flyrants?

The horde section of my army last year was amazing, combined with the infiltrating Genesteallers I was able to score maelstrom enough that I was able to cancel out my opponents first blood(s) and the kill point advantage that ground based nids give away. Essentially turning the game into an eternal war mission that ended pretty much in a draw every time as my opponents could not afford to come to far out of their deployment and get tarpitted and 90 bodies on the table is a lot of board control. As I got better at the tournament play style I was able to turn it to my advantage and start winning games Smile I did miss having objective secured in the endless swarm and only needed the reinforcements that the formation gives in one game.

It just I'm just acutely aware that a flying hive tyrant is T6 with four wounds and a 3+. Hard to hit makes him amazing but it's only a couple of lucky rolls away from death, and sky fire on things like riptides can shut them down pretty quick. I faced a four flyrant list last year and the dice were against me for a lot of it and I still got two of the flyrants down to two wounds and two down to one. A bit less luck with his saves or more average luck with my rolls and my 19-1 loss could have easily been a 20-0 victory as I killed everything else in his force and stole his bunker. I spoke to the guy at the end of the tournament and he told me all his games were big wins or big losses so seems flyrant armies are very rock paper scissors. Face an army that can't deal with you and you win 20-0 face an army that can and you lose 20-0.

I will probably go down the flyrant with horde list, similar to last year's, but before I do I want to give pure a ground horde nids list a try just to see if I can get it to work competitively(ish).

This is just for cally though and its only a rough draft of my craziest list. I will probably come up with dozens of ideas before list submission. Haha