Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
looks like a solid list, but I fear the D-cannons may not get much use, unless they buffed the range (last time I check they had 24" range).

also are wave serpents still able to use their shield as a weapon?

otherwise looks like a scary list, will have to play it sometime soon.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
The plan with the D-cannons would be to park them within range of an objective or two as they're not very mobile. Still 24" range.

Wave Serpents can still fire their shield as a weapon but its a one-shot weapon now.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Magic the Gathering

I actually played against a similar list at the Caledonian. No wave serpents, jetbikes instead and some warp spiders. No d-cannons either.

My two cents is, don't squadron up the falcons. One Carnifex was able to wreak the entire squadron in one turn ( killed one with devourers, HOW killed the other, consolidated into the third and made it regret making him angry (Hulk smash!!)) Prior to that they didn't do a lot as they had to fire all their weapons into one target and when one jinked they all had to. I know you want to deep strike them but a falcon deployed could pretty much get to anywhere on the board you'd want to deep strike anyway in one turn (12" move, 12" turbo). Also get some warp spiders they are nasty and have some cool rules.

That's just my not very well informed opinion after playing one game against a similar list though, take it or leave it.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(10-04-2016, 09:18 AM)will Wrote: I actually played against a similar list at the Caledonian. No wave serpents, jetbikes instead and some warp spiders. No d-cannons either.

My two cents is, don't squadron up the falcons. One Carnifex was able to wreak the entire squadron in one turn ( killed one with devourers, HOW killed the other, consolidated into the third and made it regret making him angry (Hulk smash!!)) Prior to that they didn't do a lot as they had to fire all their weapons into one target and when one jinked they all had to. I know you want to deep strike them but a falcon deployed could pretty much get to anywhere on the board you'd want to deep strike anyway in one turn (12" move, 12" turbo). Also get some warp spiders they are nasty and have some cool rules.

That's just my not very well informed opinion after playing one game against a similar list though, take it or leave it.

Cheers Will but using this formation you have to take them as a squadron, I'd have to use a CAD to take them not in a squadron.
Magic the Gathering

Ah that sucks, some play testing will be required to try and figure out ways of getting around the disadvantages of having to squadron up the falcons then!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(10-04-2016, 10:02 AM)will Wrote: Ah that sucks, some play testing will be required to try and figure out ways of getting around the disadvantages of having to squadron up the falcons then!

Actually you know what you can, in a Craftworld Warhost you must have 1-12 auxillary choices, of which Engines of Vaul is one so I can just have 3 Engines of Vaul choices, each with a squadron of 1 Falcon. So really its a choice for me between deep striking or deploying on the board.

Although I can definitely see the risk of the Falcons getting smashed by some kind of monster if they are deployed too close, I think the benefits are good too. In the games I've used them before deep striking they have been quite good so far but it definitely requires some practice....

The weakness of my list I'm actually most concerned about is my lack of AA....
Magic the Gathering

I like the idea of deep striking Falcons, backed by a guide seer.

Maybe with Fire Dragons x2 and a unit of Dark Reapers? Gives you a more balanced drop?

(12-04-2016, 07:55 AM)Embolden Wrote: I like the idea of deep striking Falcons, backed by a guide seer.

Maybe with Fire Dragons x2 and a unit of Dark Reapers? Gives you a more balanced drop?

Yeah it's been suggested a few times I should consider switching out one unit of Fire Dragons for Dark Reapers. Thinking about it.

I was going to deploy the Farseer and Autarch with the deep striking units.
Magic the Gathering

(12-04-2016, 04:50 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 07:55 AM)Embolden Wrote: I like the idea of deep striking Falcons, backed by a guide seer.

Yeah it's been suggested a few times I should consider switching out one unit of Fire Dragons for Dark Reapers. Thinking about it.

I was going to deploy the Farseer and Autarch with the deep striking units.

Makes sense, Farseer to guide/prescience/shriek something, while the Autarch rocking a Fusion gun goes well with Fire Dragons.

My only worry is giving up Warlord easily.