Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cookie's Caledonian test lists
well got a game in against Will's flying tyrant nid list and got my arse handed to me.

the knight had terrible shooting, but that was more down to me rolling badly and a lack of good targets, swapping the melta gun out for the heavy stubber.

my sorcerer's got their arses handed to them in close combat by the ground tyrant and his tyrant guard who wrecked the bikers in 1 combat phase, decided I need to make the sorcerer's harder to kill, so they will become daemon princes.

this frees up the bikers to hug the board edge and be grabbing objectives for me, so i split them into 2 units of 4.

cultists didn't do much, just grabbed a objective for me, but with 2 units of bikers now, i'll drop them to get the daemon princes.

hell drake did not do much, came on the board, could not vector strike, fired once and then got shot down by the flying tyrants, my dice rolls were bad enough that even jinking it would not have helped, so decided to drop it for more points for the daemon princes.

the mauler fiends did ok, with 100 gaunts to burn though they quickly got locked in combat and pretty much stayed locked in combat all game, one got wrecked by the ground tyrant and his guard, while one mauler fiend did break free from combat, it only got him killed by the flying tyrants.

with these changes in mind, here's the list:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PLAYER: Samuel cook
ALLIANCE LEVEL: BATTLE BROTHERS

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Chaos space marines codex, Faction Chaos Space Marine 

HQ1: Daemon Prince (145), daemon of Nurgle (15), level 3 (75), wings (40), spell familiar (15). [290] (warlord)

HQ2: Daemon Prince (145), daemon of Slaanesh (10), level 3 (75), power armour (20), spell familiar (15), the black mace (45). [310]

Troop1: Chaos space marines [75]
Troop2: Chaos space marines [75]

FA1: chaos bikers (70) + 1 chaos biker (20), 1 melta gun (10), mark of nurgle (24) [124]
FA2: chaos bikers (70) + 1 chaos biker (20), 1 melta gun (10), mark of nurgle (24) [124]

HS1: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135] 
HS2: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135]
HS3: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135]  

Transport1: Rhino (Transport Troop1) [35] 
Transport2: Rhino (Transport Troop2) [35] 

Total [1473]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT: Forsworn Knight detachment, Renegade knight supplement

Lords of war 1: Renegade knight (325) – , Avenger Gatling cannon with heavy flamer (50) [375]

Total [375]

Army total: [1848pts] 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the flying daemon prince will have a 2+ cover save, and will never land expect for maybe last turn to grab a objective/enemy table edge.

the daemon prince on foot is a daemon of slannesh to give him rending, fleet and an extra 3" when he runs, this should allow him to keep up with the maulerfiends and knight, he also packs a big punch in close combat, and should be perfect for taking out monstrous creatures (flesh bane from the black mace!)

Idea is that the troops and fast attack start in reserve with everything else on the board (with the nurgle daemon prince hiding till he can fly, but even on the ground he has a 2+ cover save and a 5++), then run forward and kill everything I can, nurgle daemon prince will go telepathy (for support) while the slannesh daemon prince will go biomancy to buff himself (pray for endurance and life steal).
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I think sacrificing the helldrake and sorcerers for deamon prince's is a good plan. The sorcerers on bikes just seemed very vulnerable in our game that being said you didn't roll invis, and your psychic dice were terrible, but the same thing could happen at the tournament. Will be interesting to see how the deamon prince's do.

That's all I can offer I've never even played against a daemon Prince in 40k. If they are anything like the fantasy warriors of chaos variants they should do well.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."