Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cookie's Caledonian test lists
I think that is a much more scary list with the two helldrakes in.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I like this list Sam, I think it'll work well (mostly because it scares the crap out of me! lol).
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Looks good to me. Lots of high threat units! As others have said, scary!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

so I got the renegade knight box set today via the post, sat down and read the rules and worked out what a knight would go for me list (apart from being scary in a army of scary things)

after deciding I want the knight to fix up my shooting phase i sat down and worked out how to get him in. here's the potential list for him:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PLAYER: Samuel cook
ALLIANCE LEVEL: BATTLE BROTHERS

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Chaos space marines codex, Faction Chaos Space Marine 

HQ1: Chaos lord (65) Mark of Khrone (10), Axe of blind fury (35), Sigil of corruption (25), Juggernaut of khrone (35), Veterans of the long war (5). [175] (WARLORD)

HQ2: Sorcerer (60) Level 3 (50), Bike (20), Force stave (0), Spell Familiar (15), Sigil of corruption (25), Veterans of the long war (5). [175] 

Troop1: Chaos space marines (75) + 5 Chaos space marines (65), 2 Plasma guns (30), Veterans of the long war (10) [180]

Troop2: Chaos space marines (75) + 5 Chaos space marines (65), 2 Plasma guns (30), Veterans of the long war (10) [180]

FA1: Chaos bikers (70) + 4 Chaos bikers (80), Mark of Nurgle (42), Veterans of the long war (7) [199]

FA2: Helldrake (170) + bale flamer (0) [170]

HS1: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135] 
HS2: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135] 

Transport1: Rhino (Transport Troop1) [35] 
Transport2: Rhino (Transport Troop2) [35] 

Total [1419]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT: Forsworn Knight detachment, Renegade knight supplement

Lords of war 1: Renegade knight (325) – Avenger Gatling cannon with heavy flamer (50), thermal cannon (55) [430]

Total [430]

Army total: [1849pts] 

by dropping the cultists, a hell drake and a mauler fiend, as well as the biker champion (model as well) and the bikers melta guns i was able to get him in with a Gatling cannon and the big ass melta-cannon.

what do people think, a worth while addition?

Edit:
Also was thinking of changing the chaos lord into a 2nd sorcerer, its the same points cost and would give me a 2nd psyker for telepathy rolls, while the bike squad will lose its biggest combat potential, it will also change the unit to pure bikes, allowing them to turbo boost (Juggernaut is cavalry and has no turbo boost), this will make the unit a objective grabber, and light unit killer (3 attacks on the charge each + 9 twin linked bolters for shooting).
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I find knights much more threatening with the d sword rather than the thermo cannon. Stomp is good, but very unreliable, if you don't roll those 6's.

Is it worth dropping a unit of marines + rhino for the cultists, meltaguns and champion.

Oh and maulerfiend :p

ok sat down with your suggested changes. I kept the thermal cannon on the knight as I want the knight for killing tanks and other tough targets, I swapped out the chaos lord for the sorcerer to give me a second set of rolls on telepathy table for shrouding and invisibility.

I changed the way the chaos space marines worked as well, I stripped them down to bare bones, as they mostly sit in the rhinos, doing so allowed me to get in 2 units of cultists as well as the 3rd mauler fiend. this gives me more units for objectives as well as some useful units if I roll a 3 on the chaos warlord trait table, as the chaos space marines will be able to outflank with their rhinos, giving them a easy way to grab objectives.

with how the army is now, depending on my warlord trait i would most likely have all the troops and hell drake in reserve, with just the knight, mauler fiends, bike and characters on the board, ideally behind cover in case I don't get first turn. this should opens up more options for getting cards as the game progress's and the rhinos arrive from table edges ideally by said objectives. If i don't get the warlord trait i want the rhino will probably be on the board from the beginning hiding till mid to late game, grabbing objectives as needed.

opinions?

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Chaos space marines codex, Faction Chaos Space Marine 

HQ1: Sorcerer (60) Level 3 (50), Bike (20), Force stave (0), Spell Familiar (15), Sigil of corruption (25), Veterans of the long war (5). [175]  (WARLORD)

HQ2: Sorcerer (60) Level 3 (50), Bike (20), Force axe (0), Spell Familiar (15), Aura of dark glory (15), Veterans of the long war (5). [165] 

Troop1: Chaos space marines [75]
Troop2: Chaos space marines [75]
Troop3: Chaos Cultists [50]
Troop4: Chaos Cultists [50]

FA1: Chaos bikers (70) + 4 Chaos bikers (80), Mark of Nurgle (42),power fist (25), 2 melta guns (20), Veterans of the long war (7) [244]

FA2: Helldrake (170) + bale flamer (0) [170]

HS1: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135] 
HS2: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135]
HS3: Maulerfiend (125) 2 Lasher tendrils (10) [135]  

Transport1: Rhino (Transport Troop1) [35] 
Transport2: Rhino (Transport Troop2) [35] 

Total [1479]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT: Forsworn Knight detachment, Renegade knight supplement

Lords of war 1: Renegade knight (325) – , thermal cannon (45) [370]

Total [370]

Army total: [1849pts] 

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
The issue with the Thermal Cannon is that Tanks aren't popular in the current meta, bar a Gladius you're unlikely to see many and Invisibility which is very common. Most armies at the top of flying, invisible or a better being shot at by the Gatling cannon.

(08-06-2016, 03:53 PM)Embolden Wrote: The issue with the Thermal Cannon is that Tanks aren't popular in the current meta, bar a Gladius you're unlikely to see many and Invisibility which is very common. Most armies at the top of flying, invisible or a better being shot at by the Gatling cannon.

fair enough, upgraded the knight to have the Gatling cannon, dropped the aura of dark glory on the second sorcerer, used the 10 points to give veterans of the long war to the chaos marines.

I think its a good move Smile