Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40K Caledonian Revolution 2016 15-17th July
(04-04-2016, 09:57 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: ETC Missions and Scorings? someone please fill me in on this.

Basically the missions are an eternal war mission and a maelstrom mission at the same time, oh and kill points are scored at the same time, as well as first blood slay the warlord etc. The maelstrom cards are modified so that the more extreme and random cards are removed or replaced. Last year their was a maximum number of kill points you could lose by but I didn't see that limit this year. May have to change tactics as just feeding meat into the grinder won't work as well as it did. Haha

Scoring is a 20-0 system. Can't rememeber the exact formula but it gives you a score between 20 and 0 depending on the difference between you and your opponents total victory points.

It's all in the pdf that JJ linked earlier in the thread.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(04-04-2016, 10:45 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 10:16 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 09:57 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: time booked off? check

ticket brought? check

all I need to work out now is how I'm getting there and where to stay.

how are people intending to get up there/stay in Stockport/Manchester

ETC Missions and Scorings? someone please fill me in on this.

Last year Will and I stayed here:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/britanni...en-gb.html
Wasn't bad, 10minute walk.

Probably stay there again as the Travelodge next to the place has already sold out!

That hotel looks pretty reasonable, coming up at £98 for two nights.

I'll definitely be driving up, having looked to see what's available Parking wise, but I'll just find a long stay car park close by if necessary.

It'll definetly be cheaper to stay in Stockport than in Manchester proper. Although it's only a 10 minute train ride between the two.

I don't know Stockpart, never been there, but I've been to Manchester itself many times, just this weekend in fact. So I know where all the best pubs & restaurants are.Wink

Maybe those of us who are about tomorrow evening can have a quick discussion?

There's also Alma Lodge Hotel round the corner that is being recommended by the event which seems quite reasonable http://www.almalodgehotel.com/.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I stayed at alma lodge last year and it was pretty decent and reasonable price from what I remember. Nice breakfast as well.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
just checked and alma lodge is £53/night at the mo.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(05-04-2016, 08:22 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: just checked and alma lodge is £53/night at the mo.

Alma lodge looks like a solid choice and the prices are good, works out cheaper to share a room with a person.

so anyone looking to share a room, works out cheaper for all involved.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I've just booked a twin room for Will and I for Fri - Sun inc. breakfast £137
Magic the Gathering

Just booked my event tickets, haven't booked accommodation yet though.
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
(10-04-2016, 06:52 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: Just booked my event tickets, haven't booked accommodation yet though.

Awesome! I think Sam and Luke are looking for accommodation so it might be cheaper to go in on a twin room.
Magic the Gathering

(10-04-2016, 09:35 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 06:52 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: Just booked my event tickets, haven't booked accommodation yet though.

Awesome! I think Sam and Luke are looking for accommodation so it might be cheaper to go in on a twin room.

Sam's already booked a twin room for me and him JJ.
(11-04-2016, 07:48 AM)LukeR Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 09:35 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:

Sam's already booked a twin room for me and him JJ.

Ah cool awesome, Alan and Chris, have you got your rooms sorted?
Magic the Gathering