Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40K Caledonian Revolution 2016 15-17th July
(03-04-2016, 03:23 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: interest in going, if someone has room for me in their car, and I can get the time booked off from work (for a weekend like that shouldn't be too hard)

anyone got room for one more in their car?

You can put me down as attending JJ, as I've just booked my ticketBig Grin

I'll have space in my car, but I'll very likely be going up on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday.
(03-04-2016, 05:13 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 03:23 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: interest in going, if someone has room for me in their car, and I can get the time booked off from work (for a weekend like that shouldn't be too hard)

I'll have space in my car, but I'll very likely be going up on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday.

I can work with that, where you planning on staying so I can get some accommodation sorted.

will check in work today to see if I can get the time off
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I'm going! Smile

Cannot wait! Missed Jan Cally which sucked!! Tim runs a slick tournament as well!

(04-04-2016, 11:37 AM)Cookie101 Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 05:13 PM)LukeR Wrote:

I can work with that, where you planning on staying so I can get some accommodation sorted.

will check in work today to see if I can get the time off
The closest cheap hotel/Travelodge with parking.

If there isn't anything in Stockport itself, there are a couple in Manchester itself I know of.

Not sure what time I'll head up on the Friday, but my days off work are fairly flexible.

I'll probably be heading off into Manchester one of the evenings to see some close friends of mine, though anyone's welcome to tag along. It's only a 10 minute train ride from Stockport.
(04-04-2016, 11:49 AM)Embolden Wrote: I'm going! Smile

Cannot wait! Missed Jan Cally which sucked!! Tim runs a slick tournament as well!

Nice one Rob Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Ordered my ticket earlier, so I'm going too Smile Will need to get some practice in for those ETC style missions. Never played that format before! Also not sure what to take either, Chaos or Guard? Probably Chaos as I will have to push fewer models around.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
(04-04-2016, 05:06 PM)Agent0range Wrote: Ordered my ticket earlier, so I'm going too Smile Will need to get some practice in for those ETC style missions. Never played that format before! Also not sure what to take either, Chaos or Guard? Probably Chaos as I will have to push fewer models around.

Go with the army you enjoy playing with the most, after all you've got to play five games in a row with it. more if you go on friday. personally I'm tempted to break out my blood angels but will probably stick with tyranids (For the swarm!)
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

time booked off? check

ticket brought? check

all I need to work out now is how I'm getting there and where to stay.

how are people intending to get up there/stay in Stockport/Manchester

ETC Missions and Scorings? someone please fill me in on this.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(04-04-2016, 09:57 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: time booked off? check

ticket brought? check

Last year Will and I stayed here:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/britanni...en-gb.html
Wasn't bad, 10minute walk.

Probably stay there again as the Travelodge next to the place has already sold out!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(04-04-2016, 10:16 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 09:57 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: time booked off? check

ticket brought? check

Last year Will and I stayed here:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/britanni...en-gb.html
Wasn't bad, 10minute walk.

Probably stay there again as the Travelodge next to the place has already sold out!

That hotel looks pretty reasonable, coming up at £98 for two nights.

I'll definitely be driving up, having looked to see what's available Parking wise, but I'll just find a long stay car park close by if necessary.

It'll definetly be cheaper to stay in Stockport than in Manchester proper. Although it's only a 10 minute train ride between the two.

I don't know Stockpart, never been there, but I've been to Manchester itself many times, just this weekend in fact. So I know where all the best pubs & restaurants are.Wink

Maybe those of us who are about tomorrow evening can have a quick discussion?