Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign results
Boo? Boo? You say! Have at you! (I was so jammy, Will almost told me what to do a couple of times! Lol. What a nice chap! Too nice for Stinkin' Mordor!)

Everybody knows orcses can't swim! Glubglub!
(01-06-2016, 10:55 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Boo? Boo? You say! Have at you! (I was so jammy, Will almost told me what to do a couple of times! Lol. What a nice chap! Too nice for Stinkin' Mordor!)

Everybody knows orcses can't swim! Glubglub!

It's all a trick to lure you into a false sense of security Wink the plans of the dark Lord run deep.

Haha but one orc can swim, to lure the rest into a false sense of security "look easy it is, just a quick splash and your through" ...

Tzerlag got +1 courage (for a total of +2), he is now one brave orc and a shaman survived and got +1 fight (sigh) he shall be named azit.
Morthog was horribly injured by some fancy sword and has to sleep it off for a battle, once he has found his cowardly warg.

Scooby do villain voice "if it wasn't for that damn faramir"
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

So had a great game last night against Luke's Rohan in the reconnoitre scenario. He managed to move six rohirrim off the table early, but my footslogging Uruk hai smashed through his centre and managed to get some off before he fell below 25%. Think the final score was 14 - 7 to me as I also killed the Rohan leader (an unnamed captain). Unfortunately, sharku was taken out and rolled a 1 so he's dead dead, rather than just wounded dead. Still, plenty more orcs on the plains of Rohan, mwuahahaha!

I rolled +1 courage for Krulguk my Uruk hai captain and +1 fight for my Uruk hai shaman Sad

Luke rolled +1 def for his red captain and +1 fight for a new captain.

Just waiting for JJ and Paul to play their game a week on Sunday before we move onto turn 4.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(15-06-2016, 09:36 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: So had a great game last night against Luke's Rohan in the reconnoitre scenario. He managed to move six rohirrim off the table early, but my footslogging Uruk hai smashed through his centre and managed to get some off before he fell below 25%. Think the final score was 14 - 7 to me as I also killed the Rohan leader (an unnamed captain). Unfortunately, sharku was taken out and rolled a 1 so he's dead dead, rather than just wounded dead. Still, plenty more orcs on the plains of Rohan, mwuahahaha!

I rolled +1 courage for Krulguk my Uruk hai captain and +1 fight for my Uruk hai shaman Sad

Luke rolled +1 def for his red captain and +1 fight for a new captain.

Just waiting for JJ and Paul to play their game a week on Sunday before we move onto turn 4.

Yes, 14 to 7 was the final score.

Very enjoyable game. There were a few pivotal moments in the game, particularly where we each declared two heroic moves and Chris won the roll off.
Wow... Elves and Easterlings raced into the void left by the Dwarves. There was a strategic hill in the mountains which seemed an important point to gain hold of...

It was bloody...

The Easterlings were first to break against the relentless Elven Blades.

At the end of the following turn both sides had 8 on the hill, a 4 was rolled, the game continued.

The Elves sensing victory pushed their advantage. One Easterling fled.

Khamul, his Fell Beast on one wound, with no might and 1 fate but plenty will, could see only one chance to snatch vistory.

He channelled a transfixed on Elrond (Note Elrond now tied to northern Army). Elrond rolled all his will to save... and failed. Khamul charged in 1 on 1.

Knocked to the ground by the beast, Rended for 4 wounds, Elrond used all his fate to save 3, but the fourth claw that prized open his armour would cost him the hill.

At the end of the turn JJ rolled a 2... Game over. And now the Elves were broken too.

On the hill 8 elves 7 easterlings =+1 to the elves
One wound on Elrond = +1 to Rhun
Both sides broken = 0

A draw...

Kill points - Rhun slaughtered 235 points v The elves only managed 175 points...

Victory to Rhun.....

Captain Aoshi died to Elrond's blade.
Untested Captain Boshi survived on the hill and gained - Gained 1 courage.

JJ's untested captain died at the feet of the Fell Beast.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Sounds like it was a hard fought battle! Thanks both for fitting this in.

So at the end of turn 3:

Paul beat JJ up in the north,
Chris beat Luke in Rohan
Matt beat Will in osgiliath.

Turn 4 moves will begin after the priority roll on Tuesday at the club. Am in the process of updating the map etc. Will post again regarding allocating points etc.

EDIT: check out post 3 of this thread for reinforcements this turn, please allocate points if necessary.
Also updated post 2 with advancements / casualties.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Khamul claims the 50 points for Rhun.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
So. Where to begin!

The fight for East Emnet was fought over by the lords of battle. The mighty betrayer with his legions of watchers of karna, his Abraham guard and most deadly assassins. Contesting against the forces of Harad were the current residents of Rohan, The forces of Isengard with their fighting Uruk hai lead by the the general Saruman.

At the beginning Saruman used his palentir to start his inicitive and gain priority. Gaining the first move the magic began to be summond. However! The shaman must of had an off day as he failed his fury roll. Saruman also became redundant in the first turn as the betrayer caused him to loss all his will by casting sap will. Saruman did get a cheaky sorcerous blast on a few men killing 2 knocking over the rest (first blood to Isenguard).

After that the action turned to one side of the table with the uruks giving as good as they got. Wounding the Harad with ease with there supior strength. But Harad had the numbers.

Though Isenguard started the stronger killing force, the tide shifted towards Harad becoming the dominate force. Mainly due to the betrayer getting involved on his fell beast. Throwing uruks down the line of other fighting uruks was particularly fun!

Isengard was broken! Harad needed to hold on to their narrow lead.

In the last turn Isengard managed to get Verasku in the mix and call heroic fight managed to kill 4 Harad. Harad were broken!
Game drawn! 20 vp each

All in all this was a very fun game and very close in the the Eb and flow of the game.

Total models killed;

Harad killed 18 models causing the captain roll 2 fate (18vps +2vps for fate) = 20vps
Isenguard killed 20 = 20vps

So, looking at how other drawn games are resolved it goes down to how many points are killed. I can't remember exactly what was killed either side but I can make a good guess.

Points killed estimations;

Isenguard lost 18 models;
4-5 crossbowmen 44 or 55 points
13-14 swordsmen 130 or 140 points
Technically I didn't kill the captain but do I count the fate points???? It would roughly be 10points per fate point if we included it.
Lowest points killed = 184
Highest points killed = 205

Harad lost 20 models
7 Abraham guard (I remember there being 1 left - you did like targeting them Chris!) = 56
4-6 spear men = 28 or 42
7-9 watchers of karna = 70 or 90
Lowest points killed = 168
Highest points killed = 174

Does this sound about right Chris???

Judging by these estimated points killed I think Harad might of just edged it! This game was very close in the end! Great game overall Uruk hai are just strong overall. There isn't any one strong hero really but who cares when you have strength 4, defence 6 pretty much as standard.

Cheers Chris, I look forward to the next game.
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Unfortunately I have to agree with you Rob! Was a great nail-biting game, but definitely felt like you had the edge and I felt lucky to scrape a draw in VP's. We will go with the points killed so you have the win and take East Emnet. Sarumans place is not on the battlefield methinks.
We need to roll for our heroes so suggest we do that in front of a witness next time we're at the club.

Next time Gadget, next time!
After a super tense game. Terrible dice on both sides. A brutal grind ends in victory for Gondor as I was one model from breaking (thanks to Beregond passing his fate roll) but Will broke by one model and the game then ended on a roll of two. Any longer and I would have broke too and Will would have won. Jammy.

Gondor takes the Black Gate. Does Will then retreat to Dol Guldur?

My roll for Captain Herion was a 4 so +1defence.
My roll for Knight Aradir was a 1 so +1might.

Great game as usual as I continue my quest to wipe out the armed forces of Gondor with my shoddy leadership but winning games on a technicality. .