Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign Rules and Map
Rhun will move to 12 to go visit the Lady with the magic mirror. We wants it my precious. We assumes there will be no fisticuffs with Mordor till Gondor and the Elves are dust.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Thanks guys, Stu and JJ to movce next then we can work out battles. Anyone who doesn't get a campaign game this week I'm pretty sure we can sort out a game on Tues anyway so not to worry!

Map updated by the way - see first post.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'll move from 3 to 8 to engage you Chris at Tharbad?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Awesome! Stu to make the last move then. So far we have:

Battle at node 8 'Tharbad' - Chris (Isengard) vs green team
Battle at node 21 'Minas Morgul' - Will (Mordor) vs blue team

Possibly a battle at node 12 'The Brown Lands' depending on what Stu decides.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The forces of Mirkwood will move to 10.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
OK great thanks Stu, the Elves move to secure Lothlorien perchance?

So all turn 1 campaign moves completed, map updated. As you can see there are only two battles this campaign turn. I think more battles will ensue next turn or two as the' defending nearby nodes' rule comes into play. Not a very snappy rule name!

So I face the green team of Stu and JJ - up to you guys whether both of you play with 250pts each or whether just JJ does with 500pts.
Will is playing the blue team of Matt (Brightblade) and Ben - again up to you guys whether just Matt plays or you take 250pts each.

Paul, Rob and Luke sorry no campaign game this week but rest assured your astute moves have guaranteed you reinforcements for next turn.... If you are happy to then I suggest you turn up anyway with a 500pt and 250pt force each and arrange either a three player 2 vs 1 practice game or if one of the blue or green teams aren't participating in their battle they can join you.

So in summary, see you tomorrow for a game, hopefully we can all be accomodating and everyone will get a game even those who are not playing a campaign game. I strongly suggets bringing both a 500pt list and a 250pt list each, so that if your partner does not turn up the game can still be played. Thanks for bearing with me and making your moves - there will be less of a time constraint for turn 2 moves as we'll have at least two weeks to make them instead of just 1.
(21-03-2016, 10:18 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK great thanks Stu, the Elves move to secure Lothlorien perchance?

So all turn 1 campaign moves completed, map updated. As you can see there are only two battles this campaign turn. I think more battles will ensue next turn or two as the' defending nearby nodes' rule comes into play. Not a very snappy rule name!

So I face the green team of Stu and JJ - up to you guys whether both of you play with 250pts each or whether just JJ does with 500pts.
Will is playing the blue team of Matt (Brightblade) and Ben - again up to you guys whether just Matt plays or you take 250pts each.

Paul, Rob and Luke sorry no campaign game this week but rest assured your astute moves have guaranteed you reinforcements for next turn.... If you are happy to then I suggest you turn up anyway with a 500pt and 250pt force each and arrange either a three player 2 vs 1 practice game or if one of the blue or green teams aren't participating in their battle they can join you.

So in summary, see you tomorrow for a game, hopefully we can all be accomodating and everyone will get a game even those who are not playing a campaign game. I strongly suggets bringing both a 500pt list and a 250pt list each, so that if your partner does not turn up the game can still be played. Thanks for bearing with me and making your moves - there will be less of a time constraint for turn 2 moves as we'll have at least two weeks to make them instead of just 1.

Sweet. Ben, I have lists ready for 500pts and 250pts. So all is good. Just let me know if you are coming for a joint game or a solo one for me!

Happy either way!
"Ha! Look at Prince Legolas and his puny elves fleeing before the might of Rhun... Soon they will be Legoless... Muwhahaha!!!"
♪♫ "If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise." ♪♫ Big Grin
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Roleplaying at its very best Tongue