Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Z
http://www.warlordgames.com/project-z-co...56c5ec527f

Warlord are giving the rules away as free PDF at the moment. I am up for trying some of this out... Smile
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Yeah, looks interesting, although I've just pledged on the Walking Dead Kickstarter from Mantic too Smile

(I stuck a thread for this in the "Other" section of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi forum - I was conflicted as Warlord seem to be venturing from their historical roots!)
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just picked up a core set (£27 new on eBay) for this.
(18-05-2016, 03:13 PM)Stuart Wrote: Just picked up a core set (£27 new on eBay) for this.

I see 'em... Troll Trader... I am tempted.

I have the rules downloaded, will have a read. If you have the main game maybe I could buy some expansion stuff...

I just bought 40x Dark Age Warriors though to expand my Anglo Danes et al. Having been shot to pieces by Norman crossbows while being matched in the limited hand-to-hand (limited 'cos I was hiding in and behind the woods...) I decided Hearthguard are just too expensive to be shot at... Replacing 12 hearthguard with 24 warriors screaming 'Charge!!!' should sort those shooty types out with a bit less blood on my side of the table!!!
(18-05-2016, 04:31 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I see 'em... Troll Trader... I am tempted.

Yep, that's the place. Found the set itself a bit cheaper elsewhere, but then you have to add postage. Wayland have it for £24, so if you need (or can find an excuse) to pick up extra some bits and pieces and can take the order total to £50 then postage is free.

(18-05-2016, 04:31 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I have the rules downloaded, will have a read. If you have the main game maybe I could buy some expansion stuff...

Sounds good - it's one of those systems where there's plenty of potential to apply miniatures from other systems. We've got plenty of applicable stuff kicking around from Zombiecide and Zombie 15. Might pick up the new Spec Ops expansion for Alec and Ethan to assemble and paint. I can see Sophie wanting to give me a hand painting up some Zombies Big Grin

(18-05-2016, 04:31 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I just bought 40x Dark Age Warriors though to expand my Anglo Danes et al. Having been shot to pieces by Norman crossbows while being matched in the limited hand-to-hand (limited 'cos I was hiding in and behind the woods...) I decided Hearthguard are just too expensive to be shot at... Replacing 12 hearthguard with 24 warriors screaming 'Charge!!!' should sort those shooty types out with a bit less blood on my side of the table!!!

I need to learn to use my shooty stuff a lot more effectively, as I really didn't put them to good use against Chris' Welsh.
Project Z arrived. Seems good value - decent number of figures for £27, and lots of options on the sprues.
(22-05-2016, 08:16 PM)Stuart Wrote: Project Z arrived. Seems good value - decent number of figures for £27, and lots of options on the sprues.

I may well go for it, all those figures...
My dark age warriors arrived, built and based 8 ready for spraying.
New "spec ops" set up for pre-order - looks pretty good: https://store.warlordgames.com/products/...oad-bundle
Has anyone played this, is it worth getting. Warlord are currently doing the core set plus one box expansion for £30 and free postage.
I've got it but haven't played it yet. Seems like good value for money based on the contents though.