Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplies - Call for
Tonight we have held our annual (????) AGM and the discussion on the club scenery came up. Paul (Agincourt) has kindly volunteered his property, to spend a weekend working on assembling new terrain.

So what before we do this we could do with acquiring a selection of materials, such as Pringle Tubes, McFlurry pots, off cuts of wood, maybe some polystyrene, so that we have a selection of various items to work out.

So with that in mind, could you all kindly keep them to one side, for us to use.

Gareth.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Great idea, I've got a box full of cardboard tubes, yoghurt pots, etc. that my other half would be pleased to see the back of Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I have some buildings from my Father's old train set - The normal scale

Would you like these ?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(23-02-2016, 02:19 PM)wako1302 Wrote: I have some buildings from my Father's old train set - The normal scale

Would you like these ?

Excellent, yes please...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(23-02-2016, 09:26 AM)Stuart Wrote: Great idea, I've got a box full of cardboard tubes, yoghurt pots, etc. that my other half would be pleased to see the back of Smile

I'm sure my other half will (not) be delighted to see them re-homed!!!

I reckon on building a load of water/chemical towers with all these tubes. with some walkways/platforms around and ladders, plus some high walkways between towers. Should be good for 28mm.
Can do to suit WWII, modern and future stylies... so Bolt Action and 40k, Necromunder et al.

Can then do similar with walled towers, and walkways, etc. to suit Fantasy, Mordheim, Frostgrave, LotR, etc.

We could do with some roads, some river.

Pink foam sheets, thick card, foam board anything folk have got knocking around.

I saw some plastering corner metalwork used to make fences on a WWII aerodrome model last week, very effective, will grab some of this to fence along walkways, etc.

Tin - if anyone has any old tin trays or similar, they are good for walkways and platforms... if you have magnetic based figures they don't fall off and break...

Any mdf 3-6mm would be great.

Adobe buildings for desert games (SAGA) and WWII and 40K, all easy enough to knock up.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I can lay my hands on enough sheet aluminium to build a (flimsy) battleship. Thin or thick gauge its relatively easy to form.

Its there if you want it.
Anything and everything. My initial list wasn't exclusive, anything that may be of an interest shape packaging wise, or something we could generally use. We're in a creative hobby and here's a chance to explore that creativity crating something for us to use.

If anyone want to some inspiration with regards to what could be of use, I'll leave my Citadel terrain making book at the club for a few weeks, for people to look over.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen