Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
Paul, nice ideas and will ponder them. This would only work if the lists are fixed and I'm still unsure whether we will have fixed forces or just pts you can then pick whatever before each battle. I do like the idea of set warbands - maybe each army is 1000 pts so you write a list for that but then you only pick say 500to participate in the battle. This way you can rest warbands that take over 50% casualties or maybe the force just depletes over time and you have to take stuff from reserve. Problem with this isit all sounds a it complex to keep track of so I will think but will be erring on the side of simplicity for reasons already stated.

Ben, those models are fine to use. No one has bagsied Ents as a faction although not sure the Ents really like the dwarf use of axes.... since Stu is using Rohan/Arnor I would say go for it. Maybe those are Mirkwood Ents and have become a bit twisted by the necromancer's presence. I have had an idea of using control of different regions to unlock use of certain allies if desired, but again it's just a thought at the moment. So yes fine to use. Just remembered that Ents are part of the 'wanderers in the wild' so it sort of fits a bit better.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by jaqenhgar - 29-02-2016, 02:00 PM