Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2016 - Saturday 16th April
Might be of interest to Wargames Illustrated subscribers...

Quote:FREE £25 WARLORD GAMES VOUCHER AT SALUTE 2016
As well as a free Michael Perry exclusively designed 'Young Winston' figure and a ticket to enter our Dice Off, all subscribers to the print magazine at Salute will receive a show special £25 Warlord Games voucher!
Go to our website for more information on this and other Salute deals.
Small print: Warlord Games Voucher Offer subs cost £50. 'Price Crash' offer subs are also avalible for £44 without a voucher. The voucher must be used at the show and has no value outside of Salute 2016. Similar offers will be available at Historicon, Crisis and Tactica.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Got an event ticket and sorted train tickets for JJ and myself.

Gaz & JJ - I'll pick you up on Saturday morning around 7:30am.

Chris - we'll see you at Warwick Parkway before 8:18am!
Cool, I have got my tickets as well so see you on the platform bright and early!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
OK I have re-read the rules to Tiny Epic Kingdoms, and I'll did out Fluxx and Age of War. They don't take a huge amount of space in a bag.

Salute can get quite a tad chaotic (read can get a tad as will be very,) and space is at a premium. As such I would recommend if your taking a rucksack and some food, to avoid using any non-disposable items. Also it might be worth your while, printing out a floor plan in advance, and marking off anything you intend to see / do / visit in advance, as that can cut down quite a bit. Last year, I went with a clear route, hit what I wanted to see and do, then had most of the second half of the day to peruse at my pleasure.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Looks like a shed load of disruption to our route from Marylebone to Salute. Circle is closed all weekend. I'm stuck in Cornwall at the moment, I'll have to work out a route, when I get home (provided I don't fall asleep.)
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Suggested TfL route is Bakerloo from Marylebone to either Baker Street or Waterloo then the Jubilee to Canning Town and DLR to Custom House. Around 30 - 35 minutes.

So...

Code:
Marylebone -> (on Bakerloo) -> Baker Street
Baker Street -> (on Jubilee) -> Canning Town
Canning Town -> (on DLR) -> Custom House

...or...

Code:
Marylebone -> (on Bakerloo) -> Waterloo
Waterloo -> (on Jubilee) -> Canning Town
Canning Town -> (on DLR) -> Custom House
Either seems easy enough. Probably the first route, as it saves counting stops. It's one station, loads to the DLR then go to Customs House.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
JJ - I'll pick you up around 7:15am in the morning.

Gaz - I'll pick you up a few minutes after that.
Good day out this, JJ has posted up some photos on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...224&type=3

I picked up...
  • A copy of Blood Eagle (Viking skirmish rules based on IHMN engine)
  • The SAGA campaign expansion, Age of the Wolf.
  • Some Hasselfree figures for a fantasy warband.
  • Some KR cases to house my ever growing LotR / Hobbit collection.
  • Some Star Wars: Imperial Assault figures. I figure I can combine some of these with what's in the Imperial Assault box for some skirmish games.
  • Latest 40K rulebook for the offspring.

Swordpoint (the new "big battles" game from Gripping Beast) looks interesting. Worth keeping an eye on.
Yeah my purchases were quite boring, but many. Everything was something I would eventually buy, rather than any impulse spends. As such I came home with Saga, Guild Ball and FF related items. I did get Rebellion which was trying to pull my arm off with the weight.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen