Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700PT FLASH LEAGUE: RULES, RESTRICTIONS, SIGN-UP!!
OK, here are the full rules and restrictions for forming your 700pt force for the Summer Flash League. Just to reiterate some main points:

The league match nights will be 25th August, 8th September, 22nd September.
The two week spread is to allow gamers to take a break from the league and play other games, or conduct catch-up league games.

A league night will involve two matches with set scenarios (described below), ideally timed 7.15pm-8.30pm, and 8.45pm to 10pm. I will match people in pairs for battles on the night, as its more flexible. If we have an odd number of players, I will play as well, to even the numbers.

3 pts for a win, 1pt for a draw, 0pts for a loss. Victory Points act as goal difference. After a match ends, come and tell me who won, and the score in VPs. Remember the amended rules for VPs, as described below.

ON THE NIGHT, YOU WILL NEED:
- Your 700pt army models (which cannot be changed between matches)
- A printed or written list, with all points values, that you can swap with your opponent for each match. This is important!
- A tray or box in which you can easily and quickly transfer your army to another table.

FOR NOW, YOU CAN SIGN UP BELOW!
If you wish to take part in the 700pt Flash League, please post below with the name of the army you will be fielding. You don't need to post your lists for me to check! I trust that lists will meet the restrictions, and your list will be checked by your opponents on league nights anyway.

Here are the full rules and restrictions:

Redditch 40K Flash League: Summer.

Army restrictions:

700 points (absolute limit: 705)
Lists may be edited between league nights, but not between matches on a single night, and you may not change faction.
2 HQ selection max. HQ choices may not total more than 150pts (Exception for Tyranids: limit is 190pts. Note that this is not enough for a Flyrant, but allows a grounded Hive Tyrant).
No named characters.
2+ rerolls are changed to 2+ roll, then 4+ roll.
2 Troop selections min. Troop choices may be duplicated without limit.
Up to 2 each of Fast Attack, Heavy and Elites, but no duplicates of these units, even if they are equipped differently.
No AV 14.
No more than 2 of one kind of dedicated transport. For example, Dark Eldar could take two Raiders and two Venoms, max.
30K permitted.
No super-heavies.
No flying vehicles.
Limit of 1 Flying Monstrous Creature, which may swoop or glide as normal.
Ban on any Monstrous Creatures with 2+ armour saves.
No formations.
Forge World permitted, providing they comply with other rules and limitations.
Invisibility is banned.
Level 1 or 2 psykers only.
No allied detachments.

Matches decided by Victory Points:

1 point each for Line-breaker, Slay the Warlord and First Blood, as usual.
Each of the three objectives is worth 2 points, if held when the game ends. Holding objectives follow all normal rules for 7th Ed, with the following modification: EMPTY TRANSPORTS CANNOT HOLD OBJECTIVES.
0.5 points awarded for each enemy unit completely destroyed (so this in practice means that “First Blood” earns 1.5 points).
All rules for deployment, going first, etc., remain the same.

Scenarios:

First match will be played with three objectives placed along centre line of a 4’ x 4’ table, so all objectives are equidistant from each player’s deployment zones. One objective on table centre, the other two 18” left and right of centre objective respectively.

Second match played with three objectives, one on centre point of the table, then one in each players deployment zone, which may be placed by the controlling player, as long as it is not within 6” of the table edge.

If you have any questions, please post them on the OTHER FLASH LEAGUE THREAD, as this thread is just for sign-up. Thank you.

Start making those lists!

Matt

EDIT: There will be a a secondary award/ trophy for "Best Painted and Based Army". On the league nights, I'll try to get round and photograph all the armies, then post the pictures up on the threads here.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
Adepta Sororitas
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Craftworld Eldar
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Okay if JJ doesn't mind changing our game planned for the 8th (?) sept then I'll enter with dark angels. I'll miss the first round but will try and play on the 15th to catch up of anyone is available then. If not ill just have to win all 4 games
...!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(01-08-2015, 03:56 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Okay if JJ doesn't mind changing our game planned for the 8th (?) sept then I'll enter with dark angels. I'll miss the first round but will try and play on the 15th to catch up of anyone is available then. If not ill just have to win all 4 games
...!

Yeah no problem Chris.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Ok cool thanks JJ, I'm in then Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Love the trophy by the way!
(01-08-2015, 08:36 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Love the trophy by the way!

Thank you Chris! I'm very proud of it. Making a throne of weapons was more difficult than I thought it would be.

Magic the Gathering

Tyranids.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

May as well put myself on here. I'll only play if we have odd numbers on a league night, but in that event, I'll be fielding the might of an Imperial Guard Conscript Platoon Smile

Magic the Gathering