Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Cally Seer Council list:
Hey guys,

Following on from Nick and JJ, echoing Nicks point about a solid result, but could do better! I needed more support for the Seer Council. The Council is pretty deadly, I didnt make the most of the Archon with Deep strike and -2 LD as I could deploy the Council most games. Dropping the Dark Eldar aspect of the list and the Bastion frees up a lot of points.

Not having a second unit that could support the Council and operate in the open cost me points, I'm sure of that and I also wasn't able to generate many Maelstrom points during the whole event as I simply couldn't push the enemy away from objectives with anything bar the Seer Council. What didn't help was the fact I only got to pick sides once.

I think a Wraithknight adds a lot to the list. D-Fire Power

Craftworld Warhost:
Windrider Host

Farseer: Skyrunner, Spiritstones, Spear - 135 (Warlord)
3 Windriders: 3 Scatter Lasers - 81
Vyper - 40
Warlock: Skyrunner - 50

Living Legends:
Baharroth - 170

Heroes of the Craftworlds:
Eldrad - 195

Seer Council:
Farseer: Skyrunner, Spear - 120
7 Warlocks: Skyrunner - 350

Wraith-Constructs:
Wraithknight - 295

Leaves me with 132pts...

Or another option...

Primary Detachment: Craftworld Eldar CAD:
Eldrad: 195 (Warlord)
Baharroth: 170
Hemlock: 185
2 D-Cannons: 110
Wraithknight: 295

Second Detachment: Seer Council Formation:
8 Warlocks: Skyrunner - 400

I like the d cannons a lot!
And me mate, I just wish I could fit in that 3rd Farseer AND Eldrad. I've minimised the loss of WC by adding an extra Warlock and the Hemlock, which also adds extra D. But I'll miss the extra rolls for good powers.

Not 100% sold on either list.

Unless we have 3 sources...

Then drop the Hemlock, add in a Farseer and 3 Windriders for an allied detachment... and its the perfect list for me.

Just had another play around with the list while on lunch...

Probably my favourite so far!

Has 4 Farseers and Eldrad for a crazy amount of psychic support! 23 Warp Charge in total and the Wraithknight. Even has an Obsec unit that can do something.

Farseer: Skyrunner, Spiritstones, Spear - 135
Vyper - 40
Warlock: Skyrunner - 50

Wraithknight - 295

Baharroth - 170
Eldrad - 195

6 Warlocks: Skyrunner - 300

Allied Detachment:
3 Windriders: 1 Scatter Laser - 61

Still prefer the d cannons lol. Did you come up against any other psyker heavy lists? Just thinking how it would actually do against 30 deny dice? If your not invisible and/or don't have fortune could you still hold your own?
I do like this list, it offers a lot more threats than just the Seer Council, which is nice, D-templates and D-shots can be fired at 4 targets, will also sweep through demi-companies and has stomps against Necron deathstars that are unkillable.

I'm just paranoid about not rolling invis! I need to play test/roll some dice to see how often I fail to get invis lol.

I played against Nids with 10 deny dice, Marines with 3, Guard and Necrons with none and Harlequin with 6, but didn't need/get to cast a power.

Nids were not an issue as I throw 5-7 dice at Invis with a re-roll, the lowest result I got was 4 successes all weekend, against 30 dice, I roll 8 or 9 looking for 6+ successes. I didn't get fortune in 3/4 games, only effectively had it once all weekend.

I think I only had a couple of powers denied all weekend because I don't like to risk not casting I throw lots at the important powers, then bait with stuff like Sanctuary/Protect, which are handy, but only throw on one or two dice, then people seemed to forget I had Shrieks to come later on and would throw there dice at something that didn't really need denying, but when it was for many, the first time they've even had a sniff at denying a power (usually more successful than they had dice to deny) they would jump at it... and I would then be free to Shriek at will with a re-roll even one dice is reliably casting! Big Grin

I'm coming around to your thinking:

Baharroth: 170
Eldrad: 195 (Warlord - Scout the D-Cannons)
Hemlock: 185
2 D-Cannons: 110
Wraithknight: 295

Seer Council:
Farseer: Skyrunner, Spiristones - 130
8 Warlocks: Skyrunner - 400

Gives me a lot of options!

With two sources, I prefer the 2nd list with the CAD and Seer Council.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Scouting d cannons? Nice! Lol that will catch a lot of ppl out especially if they intentionally set up 30" away when your going first!
Yep, it forces opponents back, I can scout D3 units as his natural Warlord trait, which is pretty tasty.

Lol, D-Cannons can be on the relic turn1 Wink