Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo 2016
Quote:The UK's largest annual Hobby Games Convention will be in its 10th year in 2016, where it will be at its biggest yet! Growth has increased by at least 20% every year. By 2016 we anticipate attracting an attendance over 15,000. Trade interest is still extremely high with many traders already asking about UKGE 2016.

UK Games Expo is leaping forward with the addition of Hall 1 of the NEC, Birmingham, which will host the three day trade show on Friday 3rd June, Saturday 4th June, and Sunday 5th June 2016. (With setup on Thursday 2nd June 2016) and some pre show fun on thursday evening no doubt.

To meet the needs of our many exhibitors, UKGE will now have at least 7000 sqm of trade space to use and will be the location of some of the National and International events, tournaments and championships. Some of the key attractions that will move to the NEC will include the Family Zone, costumed group areas, seminars and one part of our board game library.

Meanwhile, 3500 sqm of space at the Hilton Hotel will remain the focus of the Roleplaying Game sessions and many of our other tournaments, but will also have a massively increased open gaming space in the evening; with the entire Palace and Kings one huge open gaming space, allowing 2000+ gaming enthusiasts to sit and game at night time. UKGE also have plans for more LARP and living events.

With this move, UKGE will be able to expand to fit the demands of the UK's largest and best Hobby Games Convention and will be setup to provide gamers with their best annual gaming weekend for years to come.

Dates for the 2016 Show 3rd June to 5th June NEC Hall 1 and NEC Hilton Hotel.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/
This looks good, think I'll be going. There are also some mini tournaments on:
X-Wing Regional
Star Trek Attack Wing National tournament
The X-Wing Yavin Open in Birmingham
Dreadball European Open Championship
Summer Invasion 2016 Dropzone Commander
Infinity Expo 2016

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents....tegory=min

Pretty tempted by the Summer Invasion 2016 Dropzone Commander 1500pts tourney on the Saturday.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(11-02-2016, 10:21 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/
This looks good, think I'll be going. There are also some mini tournaments on:
X-Wing Regional
Star Trek Attack Wing National tournament
Dreadball European Open Championship
Summer Invasion 2016 Dropzone Commander
Infinity Expo 2016

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents....tegory=min

Pretty tempted by the Summer Invasion 2016 Dropzone Commander 1500pts tourney on the Saturday.

Yeah JJ me too. Still 12 places available.
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
I'll be there, in one capacity or another.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I'll be going on the Saturday with the family to play board games, so won't make the DZC tournament.....maybe next year
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'll be there sat and sunday i think this year. a few mates up for the weekend so a fair amount of spending and beer in the evenings will happen
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
The expo is at the tail end of the half-term week, so I'll be taking my horde along on the Friday again.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."