Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Justice & Her Guild Buddies
So I've joined the world of Malifaux with a small starter force of Jady Justice, 3x Death Marshalls and the Judge plus a bonus of Francisco Ortega.

I'm going to use this post to track my progress and post pics etc of my assembly, painting and collection.

Starting tomorrow after work I'll begin assembly so once the initial steps are complete I'll post some pics of the work I've done. Need to decide on what to do for the bases first though...
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Be interested to see how you progress - I might do something simliar!

(06-07-2011, 11:50 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Need to decide on what to do for the bases first though...

Really impressed with my cobblestone bases from Dragon Forge - want to give them a Victorian Street finish.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(06-07-2011, 12:01 PM)Stuart Wrote: Really impressed with my cobblestone bases from Dragon Forge - want to give them a Victorian Street finish.

Tom showed me one of the bases and I was very impressed. Without trawling through the Supplier Directory, do you know of any UK-based and semi-cheap sites that do bases? I can always find bases for Warhammer/40k but oddly never any for the WarmaHordes scale. I'll take a ganders down the list later if I get time tonight or tomorrow, just wanted to know if you had any links to hand.

As for my minis, I'm going to start the cleaning and assembling tonight.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(06-07-2011, 08:36 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Without trawling through the Supplier Directory, do you know of any UK-based and semi-cheap sites that do bases?

Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for interesting bases, so I have the folllowing bookmarked:

Antenocitis Workshop - loads of bases that they cast themselves, really good quality. Had a few chats with Jed on Twitter.

MDP bases @ Firestorm

Micro Art Studios bases @ Firestorm

Micro Art Studios bases @ Wargames Workshop

Micro Art Bases @ Maelstrom

Buy 4 Less Online (use code redwarsoc for a discount)

I have a few more, but they're mostly US based. Luke is thinking of ordering some bases from Dragon Forge in the states, so if you want to tag something on to our order you're more than welcome. They do take a couple of weeks to arrive from there though.

Maybe www.back2base-ix.com

You will be after Resin bases RS Round, for lipped 30mm, 40mm and 50mm bases.

Means ordering from Australia, but having dealt with them in the past, I have had no issues. Using their 20mn square tree bases for Chameleon Skinks.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(06-07-2011, 09:19 PM)Gareth Wrote: Means ordering from Australia, but having dealt with them in the past, I have had no issues. Using their 20mn square tree bases for Chameleon Skinks.

Yeah, I saw those bases, and they looked pretty awsome. I quite liked them, too.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Finally made a start last night. Here's the official unboxing photo (Taken on my iPhone so apologies for the quality).

[Image: img0059fv.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alas, me & the better half have shifted location tonight and my Malifaux models got left behind so I can't make any progress on them tonight but something's caught my eye, so I may hold fire for a week or two before I really get started...

Blu-tac'd models next week then Smile

Edit: A randomly made bid on eBay turned positive when I won a new Master this week for a few pounds and thus my latest addition to J's buddies list has arrived; Sonnia Criid!
(07-07-2011, 08:48 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: something's caught my eye

Heh, those look cool...
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(07-07-2011, 09:47 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 08:48 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: something's caught my eye

Heh, those look cool...

I was just thinking that too!
Further sources of bases are Fenris (UK independant company) and Scibor (from your LGS).
Lady J is a great Master for the beginner by the way. I still use her despite now having a wide choice of other masters.