Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
So I was just scrolling through the Eldar section on GW's website and noticed there is no codex available for them...

I've heard rumours of a supplement.. but this looks like the moves of a new codex to me.. which has me equally worried and excited... Undecided

Ah man I haven't long had mine! haha.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
JJ I wouldn't expect big changes, I think they will be more introducing Formations and points tweaks. plus not matter the formations you can take a CAD.

My wishlist.

Formations - something along the lines of Craftworld specific ones and a big one (like the Decurion Necron Formation)
Falcons become Transports
Serpents lose offensive shield shots or fixed number, 3 or 4 shots (thinking back to old and current dex, Scatter lasers were D6 and went to 4), maybe even ignore cover?
Scatter Lasers to lose Laser lock
Eldrad and maybe even Yriel to become Lords of War
Pheonix lords pts reduction and maybe turn aspect to troops.. can see that as a formation.. (Swooping Hawk obsec.. yes please!)
points tweaks here of there, nothing major bar the obvious pts increase and hit in ability to the Serpent
Holofields to become 5+ Inv saves as per Harlequins..

As for formations..
Ulthwe - my favourite craftworld as psychic heavy.. I'm hoping for super seer councils through Formations, probably with a heavy Guardian tax.
Saim-Hann - Jetbikes get skill rider, but forced to take Vypers
Iyanden - they have a dataslate formation and its crap, they also have a codex/supplement.. so I doubt they will get anything..
Bial-tan - I think most people will be interested in this, I can see formations galour of aspect warriors giving various buffs, banshees need them the most..
Alaitoc - buffs to Pathfinders/Rangers.. again through the use of formations

If they're are even close this I will be super happy and well.. I will be using Eldar anyway..

This just appeared in my youtube feed. Looks like it's confirmed something Eldar is coming on the 18th april.

http://youtu.be/BlpSuFZvC8g <- link to Eldar video from GW
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Yeah it's on the GW site too...

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blog...id=2841195
Magic the Gathering

(13-04-2015, 11:38 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Yeah it's on the GW site too...

this should be the releases this week (alongside some web paint bundles etc)

- Codex Eldar: Craftworlds
- Datacards: Craftworlds

- plastic Autarch clampack
- Windriders Jetbikes / Shining Spears combo-box

greetings,
Atia

Codex is said to have 160 pages, £35

Both from lady atia who has been spot on recently. Prepare your waveserpents people.
(13-04-2015, 01:46 PM)Alpharius Wrote:
(13-04-2015, 11:38 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Yeah it's on the GW site too...

this should be the releases this week (alongside some web paint bundles etc)

- Codex Eldar: Craftworlds
- Datacards: Craftworlds

- plastic Autarch clampack
- Windriders Jetbikes / Shining Spears combo-box

greetings,
Atia

Codex is said to have 160 pages, £35

Both from lady atia who has been spot on recently. Prepare your waveserpents people.

That makes sense as jetbikes are gone off the store too.
Magic the Gathering

I'm looking forward to this new codex, Serpents aren't that bad and neither are Wraithknights, just get a bad rep because thats all we really have access too if you want Transports and/or tough units..

I hope they make up for the nurf they take.. Smile

As it's called craftworld Eldar do you reckon they'll do the Eldar Knight Worlds later?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
They have opened a lot of doors, noticed that its Codex Eldar Harlequins earlier when putting the codex away...

I hope they tweak the codex, it doesn't need an overhaul which I think it will be with a distinct lack of new units..