Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, anyone?
Hi guys,

I've recently been feeling nostalgic for the card-collecting days of my youth, and I was wondering if anyone else was interested in collecting, trading and battling alongside me? I'd prefer it to be Pokemon, but I'm also pretty solid with the rules for Yu-Gi-Oh too.

I have a large and old collection of Pokemon cards from the late 90s, early noughties, but I'd like to start fresh with the modern cards- maybe everyone who wants to buys a starter deck, then we buy boosters and trade from there.

So yeah, let me know if anyone has a similar interest. Even if you are interested in pokemon cards but aren't familiar with it or don't know the rules, I could teach as well, its fairly simple to pick up.

Matt
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
I've not got any Pokemon cards, and the Yugioh rules confuse me but If you happen to have MLP or magic desks to I would be happy to give them a dust off in future for some games Smile
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(27-07-2015, 12:55 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I've not got any Pokemon cards, and the Yugioh rules confuse me but If you happen to have MLP or magic desks to I would be happy to give them a dust off in future for some games Smile

Hi Charlotte, thanks for responding. I'm not sure what MLP is, and I don't have any magical, sorcerous or enchanted desks, mine are just made of wood or metal.

As for Magic the Gathering, I've looked it over and not having been into it as a child or later, it doesn't have the same nostalgic pull that Pokemon does, though I'm sure its a great game, given its massive success as a trading card game.

If you are interested in starting Pokemon anyway, or giving it a try, I have enough cards to codge two decks together, and we could play some test games at the club. It doesn't matter that you don't have any cards right now, as I want to start fresh as well- it might be a bit like Tale of X gamers, but with cards. A theme deck is cheap enough (£8-£12), then we could be playing straight away.

Of course, if you have no interest in starting Pokemon, don't worry, I won't be offended Smile

Magic the Gathering

Ohh MLP is My Little Pony Tongue

Well Sure if we find a week when we are both free I would be happy to have a go if you have some spare cards and the willingness to teach me Smile

Pokemon is not a huge draw for me, but I'm always keen to have a go Smile

I just know that Yugiohs massive requirement to remember every card in your deck and the huge numbers of rules on them is way above me Tongue
I had housemates who used to try to get me to play, and while I have a deck, the combo system is just over my head entirely Smile
(27-07-2015, 07:11 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: Ohh MLP is My Little Pony Tongue

Well Sure if we find a week when we are both free I would be happy to have a go if you have some spare cards and the willingness to teach me Smile

Pokemon is not a huge draw for me, but I'm always keen to have a go Smile

I just know that Yugiohs massive requirement to remember every card in your deck and the huge numbers of rules on them is way above me Tongue
I had housemates who used to try to get me to play, and while I have a deck, the combo system is just over my head entirely Smile

Ok great Smile I don't actually have any games scheduled at all for any of the weeks right now, including tomorrow night. What weeks are you free?

Magic the Gathering

(27-07-2015, 08:07 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: Ok great Smile I don't actually have any games scheduled at all for any of the weeks right now, including tomorrow night. What weeks are you free?

I usually only have the next week arranged Smile I've got a game today though so we can try next week!
(28-07-2015, 06:46 AM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(27-07-2015, 08:07 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: Ok great Smile I don't actually have any games scheduled at all for any of the weeks right now, including tomorrow night. What weeks are you free?

I usually only have the next week arranged Smile I've got a game today though so we can try next week!

Yeah OK, lets say next week then. Cool Smile

Magic the Gathering