Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year, New Thread, Old Commitment - 2015 From Gareth
Ok so 2014 has been and gone, and was a bit of a disaster. A High Elf army mostly painted, but very little else. And January followed on with very little on the progress front.

However having decided to take Anglo-Saxons to the Wyvern SAGA event, February was a little frantic, with me getting 86 models painted up. Still more work to do, mainly Faces, Bases and Shields, but they were at a standard, I'm not ashamed to play with. So time for some update photos.

These are my Bard and Religious Advisor. I'll let you work out which is which.

10 Warriors with an additional banner. It's one of Gripping Beasts banners, painted by Darren. I was a little disappointed at paying £2 for a piece of paper, as the LBM items are transfers. However the quality of the artwork on the banners are better than I could manage, and it does make for a nice model.

Another 10 Warriors plus banner. I knocked up 3 shields today, and attached them to the models at the front.

This time two groups of 6 Warriors plus banners. The warriors have been painted with either Yellow, Blue or Dark and Light Green accents, should I need to distinguish units. Yellow and Blue were in the first lot of Warriors, these are Dark Green on the left, Light Green on the right. Did anybody spot that?

12 Levy armed with Bows. The models reaching into their quivers have had their arms reposed slightly, to get them reaching backwards.

12 Levy this time with Slings. These were the first of Gripping Beasts plastics I assembled. The scale difference is noticeable between GBP and Wargames Factories models, with the latter being less bulky. However the finer models are somewhat more susceptible to damage, with spear shafts being thinner for example.

12 Levy this time with Spears and Shields?? Ok Shields to come, but its an option that the Saxon Levy have, dropping their ranged attacks, for a little more combat punch and better armour. Note that two models have seen their spears snap (see previous), and these require replacing.

Finally the last of the 12 Levy I got ready, with Spears and shields to follow. Again GBP models, so the separate units will be distinguishable on the table, which is always a bonus.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen