Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbound
There's mention of an apocalypse game in the 40k area, and as its a large game would most likely need us to rent a hall for the whole day or weekend, this got me thinking about a large warmachine game
Privateer has already released rules for 150pt+ games in one of the recent no quarters (privateer press' bi-monthly magazine for warmachine and hordes) and they called it unleashed.
I would love to see a game of this scale being played but was wondering how many others would like to see it, and how much interest there would be in doing it
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Of course, I would give it a go, but if the rules are more complicated than the normal 25pt ones, then I probably wouldn't be able to get m head round them. Besides, I've only got 35pts. But, if it did happen then I'd love to watch.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
yep, i dought i am going to do the big warmachine fight though i would love to help you get it going so people can join it. I think i'll do the 40k apocalypse battle if it happens (somthing i'll know the rules for)
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(02-07-2011, 11:49 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: I would love to see a game of this scale being played but was wondering how many others would like to see it, and how much interest there would be in doing it

That sounds perfect to run alongside the W40K Apocalypse game, and another good excuse to arrange a day of gaming Smile

Would Unleashed just be a 2-way game, or could multiple factions compete simultaneously?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
To make up the points as so many people only have battleboxes or small forces it probably would be a multiplayer game. Possibly khador vs all comers as there are more khador players, and there aren't many extended rules for it either, a few units have their abilities changed to represent the scale of the battle, and turn order is slightly different. Otherwise its the same rules.

We would need to get everyone up to scratch with rules first though so this may not happen for a few months yet.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Sounds good - waiting for a few months would also give the 40K players a chance to become extra fluent with their rules as well.
If it would be a multiplayer thing, then I would be glad to join in, as I'm really getting into this WARMACHINE stuff. I would have a 35pt Protectorate army by that time, so maybe I could be included in the vs Khador side of it, if that's alright with you guys.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
If we started it in around 6 months, near the end of the painting event that Gareth's got planned, then I'm sure that most people would also have many of their armies painted, so it would look like a really proper one. On the other hand, though, 6 months might be a long time to wait to have a battle.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Perhaps give it the summer to get a few games under out belts, then look at doing something like the "Red War Soc Winter Weekender".

We'd have to look at the cost of hiring the hall for the day, and perhaps factor in some pizza or fish & chips...?
This would be brilliant to go alongside the apocalypse game, have two big tables set up in the hall!
depending on interest and to allow chance to get armies up to speed 6 months sounds around a good time span and we should intergrate it with gareths event. that would allow everyone time to get a force and such up.
Would also give us plenty of time to get hall booked, sort out food etc for the day!
Top stuff!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven