Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WFB Vermintide
Just ran across this today-
http://www.vermintide.com

Quote:http://www.neoseeker.com/news/26434-myst...at-smiles/

Finnish gaming magazine Pelaaja has released the cover of their upcoming magazine, revealing an as-yet unannounced title set in the Warhammer universe. Introducing Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide, a Games Workshop licensed title apparently themed around the race of the rat-men known as the Skaven. Leaked scans of the game imply it is likely an FPS, but little information is available. A countdown website has gone live with less than 24 hours remaining at vermintide.com.

The cover-art for Pelaaja features a horde of Skaven warriors carrying what looks to be a Skaven prophet of The Horned Rat god, a Grey Seer, on a litter. The Grey Seers are like the shamans of the Skaven race, they speak for The Horned Rat and push the respective clans into war as needed. I say it's likely a Grey Seer because of the skull cap the Skaven is wearing, which has four horns much like The Horned Rat is supposed to have. Of course, it could also potentially be a Lord of Decay, one of the 12 clan leaders of the Skaven race, but it's much more likely to just be a Grey Seer.

As of yet I don't believe there exists an FPS set in the Warhammer fantasy universe. THQ published a series of action games and even an FPS set in the Warhammer 40K universe, so perhaps Vermintide is Game Workshop recuperating from THQ's bankruptcy and finding another developer and publisher wanting to make this type of game. Rumor is the game developed by Fatshark, the Stockholm studio responsible for both Lead & Gold and War of the Roses -- shooting and melee first-person combat games.

Expect more information on Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide in the next 24 hours. How did a Finnish magazine get the exclusive reveal for what sounds like a potentially hype game, anyway? No news on platforms yet, but my bet is this is a console and PC multi-platform title.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Well it was teased on the Warhammer App, last Friday under Apps/Games. What is interesting is the timing of the release.
The game isn't yet in Beta, and is scheduled for a 2015 release. So I wouldn't be expecting much before the middle of the year. That being a rough time frame, and the game being under the 'End Times,' GW cannot really push forward with 9th edition Fantasy, until Vermintide has at the very least been out for a few months.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen