Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
500 Pt escalation Campaign
That makes sense, and 4x4 is easier to get plenty of terrain on the table to!
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
Put me down for Sisters, or maybe Dark Angels (if I can get my hands on a Codex)

I am guessing I cannot use the Imperial Knight Codex.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
As funny as it could be to see everyone play "run from the lone Knight before he stomps you", nope no knights in this sorry Dave.

We are at 14 then, forgot Sam in the update (apologies fella!) and with Dave rounds it out nicely at 14.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Dave, you can borrow my codex if you want. (dark angels)
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Psychic powers.. depends how you want to play it...

personally as its a fun campaign it would be weird for the narrative to have Daemons on both good and bad sides.. so I would personally ban it Summoning powers from the 'good' side. I would say the evil side if allied with Choas and Daemons would use these to there advantage?

Invis is powerful, I would use a similar (which has just been taken away) way to how the uk tournament scene ran it, change the wording to reduce to BS1 and WS1 same as 6th ed invis, so that blasts can hit them and you're hit on 5's in combat, rather than snap.

Don't ban WC2+ powers.. thats to much imo, it stops some of the lesser powers like Fortune, Scriers Gaze, some of the pyromancy powers, etc. which don't need to be banned, a carpet ban on WC2 powers is too much.

I like the short list of limitation you have so far Vince.

Was gonna mention 4x4 tables as 500pt armies just become gun lines as no assault will ever take place on a 6x6 table Wink

Fair enough, though as mentioned before I think invis should be "hit on 5's" in combat rather then WS1 otherwise it becomes an offensive buff as well.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
Howdy all. I know we atill have abit to iron out in regards to 30k usage over on the other thread but wanted to chip in my two cents here.

As the rules stand i will struggle big time to fill in 2000 points with only one unit per FOC chart. As it stands (going cheap for 500 and then working it up) i can realistically get 1000 out of my units. I would personally prefer to see the highlander rules discussed earlier on in this thread. That being only one entry per unit. With the flyer, transport and psyker limitations as they currently are.

I will understand if people dont want this and i know im asking alot with bringing (hopefully) 30k aswell.

As i said just my thoughts. Sorry me raising this upends the apple cart so to speak.

Hydra Dominatus
Yeah, i think your right on the mark Rob, limit summoning to just Dark forces like chaos, maybe cap at one summon a turn for whole army to stop it becoming a proper Daemon factory lol.
Blood bowl Skaven
(28-01-2015, 06:18 PM)Alpharius Wrote: As the rules stand i will struggle big time to fill in 2000 points with only one unit per FOC chart. As it stands (going cheap for 500 and then working it up) i can realistically get 1000 out of my units. I would personally prefer to see the highlander rules discussed earlier on in this thread. That being only one entry per unit. With the flyer, transport and psyker limitations as they currently are.
Not quite sure what you mean Matt?

Looking through Horus heresy book there are lots of choices?

Do you mean you haven't got the models?

Example of legal 2000 pt force-
Quote:+++ New Roster (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Allied Detachment) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (100pts) +

Legion Praetor (100pts) [Artificer Armour]

+ Elites (535pts) +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (180pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

Legion Terminator Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Terminators, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (150pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad (150pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

+ Fast Attack (645pts) +

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (255pts)
····Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [Heavy Flamer, Twin-linked Lascannon]

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (225pts)
····Legion Land Speeder [Havoc Launcher, Volkite Culverin]

Legion Outrider Squad (165pts) [3x Legion Space Marine Outrider, Twin-linked Melta Gun]

+ Heavy Support (420pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (185pts) [Legion Predator Tank]
····Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon]

Legion Vindicator (120pts)

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Also while i'm on it, just spotted a Flyrant list lol, just as heads up i think wings are okay but at the low points level no flying mainly as most armies are gonna struggle to deal with FMC. 6's to hit, then 6's to wound with most weapons and only one grounding check a turn will be nasty lol. So wings will only count as jump packs till we reach 1000 Pts. Sound reasonable?
Blood bowl Skaven
Looks good Vince, I will go with the Dark Eldar this time Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari